Pennsylvania Duck

Oregon Safeties Coach Matt Powledge New Target for Baylor DC

Oregon Ducks fans are preoccupied watching Bo Nix take on Drake Maye and the North Carolina Tar Heels in the Holiday Bowl, but it looks like the coaching staff may be close to enduring another change.

Matt Powledge, Oregon’s safeties coach and co-defensive coordinator, is now considered a target to be Baylor’s next defensive coordinator – according to a tweet from Bruce Feldman at The Athletic.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks could lose co-defensive coordinator Matt Powledge to Baylor, who is looking to replace Ron Roberts at DC.

We take their QB. They take our coach. Don't know if I believe that's a fair trade.

He's a target... So we'll have to wait and see if it goes anywhere. 

Also remember that Prowledge was at Baylor last year. So this wouldn't be an entirely surprising move for him. 

I do feel like our defense is finally figuring itself out. So we will just have to see how this all plays out. 

If Powledge does indeed take the Baylor position, I hope that the Ducks look at Anthony Newman as a potential replacement.  He played for Oregon and had a long and successful NFL career.  He would certainly have the players' respect. I believe that he has been the DC for a Portland area private school. 

He bleeds green and yellow, and has been a wonderful ambassador for the program. 

• Thumbs Up 1