David Marsh

Oregon's Recent Strange Bowl Game Trend

So Oregon has developed a strange trend in our bowl game wins in recent history. Our last three bowl game victories have all been by one point. 

2018 Foster Farms Bowl: Oregon 7 - Michigan State 6 

2019- 2020 Rose Bowl: Oregon 28 - Wisconsin 27 

2022 Holiday Bowl: Oregon 28 - UNC 27

Also... All wins have been in California so there's that as well. In this same time period our bowl losses have been outside of California and by a lot of points and basically uncompetitive. 

Just a strange observation, I'm happy for the win as we head into the off season.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe it's tough for us to go back east and play because of the time difference adjustment. Less of a problem for east teams coming out West but if you look over the years I think the record bears this out.

I know it's been said before that 5 o'clock ( or any other time of day )is the same but again I believe the record doesn't back that up. 

This came to me while I was asleep... Or trying to sleep. 

Before 2018 the last bowl game Oregon won was 2014 and that was a Rose Bowl win over FSU... Again another California game. 

So to go to the last bowl game the Ducks won that was not in California was in 2013 and that was an Alamo Bowl win over Mack Brown's Texas team. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2022 at 11:05 PM, David Marsh said:

Just a strange observation, I'm happy for the win as we head into the off season.  

I love "strange" observations and stats like this. I don't know exactly why, but I just do. 

Does anyone on occasion warmly refer to you as "Cliff Clavin"? I get that on occasion and proudly accept it 😉

• Haha 1

Just the fact that our last 2 bowl wins have had identical scores of 28-27, and have been in So Cal, is kind of odd. 

By no means do I place any credibility whatsoever into numerology, and I never buy lottery tickets, but perhaps it might be time I pick one up 😀 

Edited by Desert Duck

On 12/29/2022 at 9:08 AM, Desert Duck said:

By no means do I place any credibility whatsoever into numerology, and I never buy lottery tickets, but perhaps it might be time I pick one up 😀 

Maybe line it up the next time we play a bowl game in California. 

I would be tempted to place a bet on a final score of 28-27 next time Oregon plays a bowl in southern California. 

• Thumbs Up 1