Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigDucksFan

Texas Breaks the Bank to Get Steve Sarkisian

Recommended Posts

College football is all about money. If you want top coaching you have to pay the money for them. Can the Pac-12 keep up ??

Steve Sarkisian is guaranteed to make at least $34.2 million through his 6 year contract. $5.2 million his first year +$200,000 raise each year, 2 cars, 20 hr of private airplane use per year, a $250,000 relocation/temporary housing allowance and $1.2 million if he is still head coach on Dec 31, 2024. 

Most of his coordinators and assistant football coaches will exceed $1 million per year all with guaranteed yearly raises. 

You can read more here with Ksat.com.

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas is unique in having its own sports network. If they want to outspend schools, they're going to be able to outspend schools, especially when you factor in no state sales tax.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ed O said:

Texas is unique in having its own sports network. If they want to outspend schools, they're going to be able to outspend schools, especially when you factor in no state sales tax.

Good points Ed O, I would think that the Texas sports network actually makes money rather then the Pac-12's sports network that loses money. An advantage for Texas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see it much differently. Of course UT is paying the bill, but the coin donated is breath taking. The money in Texas is astounding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

These programs which pay huge $'s don't always end up on top. I wish him well, health wise, but the guy isn't a sure thing.

For some reason there is a love for all things Kiffin and Sark. They are the Todd Marinovich's of college coaching. They have some of the measurables, but it takes a lot to become a great head coach, or qb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haywarduck said:

For some reason there is a love for all things Kiffin and Sark

They have both done well as OC's at Alabama, ignominious endings at USC as head coach, Kiffin let go at an airport, Sark had his publicized problems. One note about Sark is that the day he was announced as the coach at USC, he was expected to do his Coach's radio show in Seattle. 

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 30Duck said:

They have both done well as OC's at Alabama, ignominious endings at USC as head coach, Kiffin let go at an airport, Sark had his publicized problems. One note about Sark is that the day he was announced as the coach at USC, he was expected to do his Coach's radio show in Seattle. 

giphy.gif

They all had troubles at sc and they all left with a belief, still there for their skills. Marinovich was even a 1st round draft pick, ahead of Farve.

I wish them all well, but a guy like Leavitt makes one mistake, and few want anything to do with him. Some people just have that 'it' where people want to believe they are everything and more, yet we have flaws which are hard to hide.

Kiffin is probably the biggest charlatan. He has talents, but the coattails he is riding on are long and I just don't respect the guy. I think the guy has gotten the benefit of the doubt each and every step of his career.

Unknown.jpeg.c3d5130c0e3e07204d8a89d887d42a53.jpeg "Just ride along with Nick and you'll get another shot."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just two members of the Saban Coaching Rehabilitation Club... of which our own Mario Cristobal is a proud member of as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

Just two members of the Saban Coaching Rehabilitation Club... of which our own Mario Cristobal is a proud member of as well.

I think you are talking about 3 different types of rehab.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
Top