Charles Fischer

USA TODAY Pac-12 Spring Preview: Respect for Oregon

Frankly--with as young as the team is still and with so many questions to answer--they give us a ton of respect, and they ask some good questions of other teams.  A bit over-hyped or accurate?

Pac-12 spring football preview: Oregon aims for the College Football Playoff by USA TODAY

Oregon vs. Michigan in 2003_John Giustina.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

The article seems to have settled on Brown at QB, and that the Ducks just need to get it done. The confusing thought is that USC needs to bolster its passing game, not create a running game at all. 

I’m a little surprised that Alex Forsyth was mentioned as one of the top-3 returning players. I’ve been high on Forsyth’s potential since seeing him in the 2019 spring game and hearing how much the coaches loved him. I’m not sure Forsyth is even our best OL, let alone a top-3 player on the team. I would have gone with Mykael Wright or one of the WRs. No knock on Forsyth, his one truly poor performance was against UCLA and their aggressive DL. 
As for USC, I don’t think they’re in any trouble at all at WR. The OL and a defense that has to replace Hufanga along with their talented interior DL should be the concern. 

• Like 1