Pennsylvania Duck

Helmet Rankings: Ducks Disrespected at No. 41!

Take a look at the Top 25 ranked helmets. It's hard to believe there are 40 helmets with better designs than ours. 

However, this ranking is rather subjective.

What helmet(s) do you like or dislike in the listing? Where should the Duck's helmet be ranked in your opinion?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon is synonymous with cool helmets and groundbreaking uniforms. So when we saw where the Ducks landed in the top-75...

On 1/9/2023 at 9:56 AM, cartm25 said:

Quality helmets should NOT:

- . . . be a different color than the primary matching color of the uniform. Let me clarify. I'm not saying the helmet can't be a different color than the shirt/pants color, BUT if the uniform/helmet is primarily one color then the helmet color has to match the rest. For example, whenever Alabama plays in their all-red uniforms, the helmet red is a shade darker than their shirt/pants red . . . it's subtle, but it has annoyed me for years.

As a designer I 100% agree. The example that stands out to me is the Dallas Cowboys. I think their helmet by itself is beautiful. It may very well be the perfect silver. But, the silver of their pants is absolutely horrible and pretty much clashes completely with the helmets. 

Our ducks designers get it right 95% of the time. But, when they miss... they miss BIG!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

When you start Straying from Oregon Colors, you have lost me and your just being a Kardashian.  Hi lighter Yellow, Green, even the Pink for the Cancer awareness, I can relent but Throw Back Men of Oregon, Dark Blue, you lost me.  The color looks like the pickle uniforms from my basic training days in the Air Force in the 80's.  No Bueno.  Just my $1.05 in 2023.

I feel like it's time for a reset of the uniforms.  Reminds me too much of the Cristobal era. I've watching old clips of LaMike and the unis of that time were pretty cool. Especially the all white. I miss the helmets with "O" on the side and I believe there was one that would change color.  Maybe go back to those?

• Thumbs Up 1