Pennsylvania Duck

Canzano: Pac-12 Needs to Find Focus, Urgency in the Desert

Expansion, media rights, and more...

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Expansion, media rights, and more...

Totally agree, this needs done now.  Projections last month were for a deal to be announced sometime in January.  By my calendar tomorrow is the 31st and still nothing on the horizon (at least officially).

I get it, there's a lot of moving parts but the conference desperately needs some positive forward momentum.  We need to quit talking about the LA traitors and move on with a new TV deal and a new member or two.  If SDSU slips through our fingers, then that's a collossal failure and it seems like they're running out of patience.  Let's get this thing done.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess I just don't see the urgency, especially if the Pac-10 are of one mind.  Obviously nice from a fan perspective but that is about it.  San Diego State may be in play but losing them would only have a minimal impact some years down the road.  I would rather get the media rights contract done right than done fast  Champaign Larry got the Pac into a bad contract, it appears the same happened to the ACC.

The stampede to realign  conferences has slowed to a crawl.  Kliavkoff has time negotiate the best deal.

I'm going to guess the Comcast overpayment fiasco caused by Champaign Larry has caused a late snag in negotiations.  It's going to take some time to fix that.

• Thumbs Up 1