Pennsylvania Duck

Pac-12, Big 12 Likely to Engage in Expansion Tussle

With the new configurations of the Pac-12 and Big 12 set to begin before the 2024 football season, both conferences could engage in an expansion tussle.

For slightly different reasons, the two conferences are each interested in having a presence in the lucrative and fruitful Southern California area. Long the overlooked football program, San Diego State fits the bill as the most attractive available candidate.

But like in real estate, when it comes to expansion, you know what they say: location, location, location. Two hours away from the nation's second biggest market sits some of the most expensive property in the world.

WWW.KSL.COM

With the new configurations of the Pac-12 and Big 12 set to begin before the 2024 football season, both conferences could engage...
  • Like 1

For me, the potential for PAC  expansion has gone from intrigue to to boredom. Maybe exhaustion!

I don't blame the BIG 12 for wanting to breakup, break apart or even destroy the PAC. Afterall, the PAC 12 came within a whisker of bringing Texas and Oklahoma into the fold. The PAC media rights, with the traitors still on board would have sored north of $600 million annually.

But for a very ruthless and deceiving usc president, who spearheaded the opposition, that valueable expansion move was negated. 

If that sure thing expansion, adding UT and OU had been okayed by 75% of the PAC, well the schools would be looking st $60 million a year plus in media rights. Roughly on par with what the 2 traitors will receive in their BS move to the BIG.

Then when UT And OU bolted to the gift that is the SEC, the BIG 12 came begging the PAC 12 for a lifeline. Once again, you can guess who led the charge to say NO. The PAC presidents slapped the BIG 12 mrmembers in the face. A merger between the 2 conferences would have forced FOX to stay in the bidding process. More bidders, maybe more money. But dont blame the BIG 12 for retaliation.

It appears that the 2 traitors were hell bent on destroying the PAC. High flying Larry did a lot of damage to the PAC but nothing like what the 2 traitors did. At least Larry was smart enough to invite UT and OU into the PAC. UT declined.

The PAC presidents have made a number of bad decisions to reach this point. As a fan, I am frustrated and disgusted with their short sided view of their sports future. They have boxed themselves into a corner and run out of time to even make a good decision.

In my lifetime, as a fan, i have invested time, money and passion into the PAC thru 7 decades.. I know I have no vote, or say in this matter. But i have feelings and a voice on this great forum.

PAC presidents, i have moved from exhausted to disgusted with your decision making. Try to give a damn! As for usc and ucla presidents, Charles has rules in place that prevent me from expressing what i feel toward you.

I love my Ducks and actually am Happy To Be A Duck. I will root for them whether they move to the BIG or BIG 12. Just know you jack wipe presidents gave them no choice when they leave.

Sorry for this rant........

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Wouldn't the Pac-12 presidents rely on the council and advice from Limousine Larry? Their expertise is in academia and administration, and athletics and media rights.  They focus on positioning for research grants and endowments, not whether an alum in Cincinnati can watch Utah play Washington State.  They need to befriend and cajole state and local politicians, not media moguls. 

I think it is fair to fault the presidents for not questioning Larry Scott to a greater extent but wasn't the primary basis for their decisions the snake oil he was peddling?  Garbage in, garbage out.