nogerO

Beavers outplay Ducks 88-77

The ladies struggled with perimeter defense, and fall to the better team that wanted it more today.  Sedona had 22, Boley and Mikesell 16 and Sabally 13.  OSU scores 70 points in the last three quarters, 50 in the second half with 6 players in double figures and give Oregon another head scratching loss.  Ducks out rebound beavers 36-31 and win the turnover battle 5-9 but are gunned down as the beavers shoot 50% overall and 55% from three compared to our Ducks who shoot 42 & 50.  Three point defense is non-existent with this team.  

Hope KG and the ladies figure it out quickly or they're likely one and done in the Pac-12 tournament and maybe the NCAA as well.  Who do we have coming in next year?  Somebody remind me as we might need an upgrade from what I'm seeing right now.  Anyone know where Paopao was?  Covid?  Maybe they are just young?  This whole year has seemed to be out of whack.  Hope it's an anomaly and we get back to where we need to be. KG has proven he's a great coach so I'm puzzzled by the up and down and sloppy play. Anyway as always,

GO Ducks!!!

Indeed a real head-scratcher, and I am surprised that our depth at guard did not overcome the loss of Paopao.  I believe KG made reference to her being hurt...

What in the world happened to the defense?

Mr. FishDuck

22 hours ago, nogerO said:

Hope KG and the ladies figure it out quickly or they're likely one and done in the Pac-12 tournament and maybe the NCAA as well.  Who do we have coming in next year?  Somebody remind me as we might need an upgrade from what I'm seeing right now.  Anyone know where Paopao was?

Could not agree more with your analysis of the game. Apparently  Paopao was wearing a walking boot, and optimistically could be ready for the next game. The Ducks certainly missed her in this one. The Beavers played a great game, the Ducks looked completely disorganized.

They never seemed to have any plan offensively, so just different players taking shots, save for the 2nd quarter when Prince got the ball, and scored 18. She wasn't nearly as effective in the 2nd half. It was a sad way for Erin Boley and Lydia Giomi to have their last game at MKA end, as for new players next season:

Thanks 30.  I forgot about Bigby.  Hope she can shoot.  Can you imagine Kyei, Prince and Sabally in the game at the same time?