Charles Fischer

Behavior Stats: How Did We Do in 2022 and for the Life of the OBD Forum?

Our forum behavior, as defined by the number of violations and percentage of total posts, went up a bit in 2022, from 2021.  The bottom line?  Over the life of the forum from late September of 2021 through the end of February of 2023--we have had 72,788 posts written with a total of 325 violations or edits done. 

That is nearly 45ths/100ths of 1% of all posts written, or rounded off going from 3/10ths of 1% violations up to 4/10ths of 1% of violations.  Now I think that is a low number, but as a percentage of increase--it is not good.  The problem is that most people want to write whatever they want to write--when they want to write it or they are out.  Never mind the impact on the community, and that is today's selfish culture I've written about before!

I would not wish the notifying/haggling 325 times on anyone. (Oh goody...I get to do that the rest of my life?)

It is a shame that we lost a number of people because they loved the rules until the rules were applied to them, and they could not handle even a notification email.  But the good news is that we attracted a number of great new members who write great posts.  I love this community, and look forward to the great times ahead!

We get along just fine, and then....

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks for taking the time to compile and share this info with us, Charles. As always, your GIFs are the best. You always manage to leave me smiling with those. 

• Thanks 1

I would like to nominate Pennsylvania Duck as 2022 Rookie of the Year! Comes on to FishDuck with grace, and a massive impact.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Charles,

Love the forum! The main reason is the civility. Things are discussed politely and disagreements are always civil, it will keep me coming back!😀