Pennsylvania Duck

Canzano: Putting Money Where the Mouth Is

This is Part 3 in a series about Pac-12 basketball.

If you would like to view Part 1, FS1 Remote Broadcast Rankles Pac-12, click here.

If you would like to view Part 2, Cal Flying Low in Men's Basketball, click here.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Part 3 in a series about Pac-12 basketball.

I find it exceptionally unfortunate that Canzano posted "Part 3" in a series about PAC-12 basketball the day before the PAC-12 big wigs meet to discuss PAC-12 athletics. The March 23rd meeting he pumped up as one where we'll get a clear picture on a media deal? 

"Basketball? We're talking about PAC-12 basketball? We aren't talking about the only thing anyone cares about- football and PAC-12 media deal? No, Canzano's talking about basketball."

Edited by 2002duck

On 3/20/2023 at 4:43 PM, 2002duck said:

"Basketball? We're talking about PAC-12 basketball? We aren't talking about the only thing anyone cares about- football and PAC-12 media deal? No, Canzano's talking about basketball."

Well... Basketball is the thing going on right now and men's basketball is the no. 2 money maker after football. 

I know many don't like Canzano but it is basketball season, or at least season's end, so it is timely. Football will be back to the forefront in a few weeks when the tournament is over. 

Also both Oregon ducks teams going to the NIT and not the big dance does dampen our interest in this year's tournament. 

I understand. I was really hoping for a big story from Canzano about the PAC-12 meeting tomorrow that is going to address the media deal. It is hands down one of the biggest national stories in college football in the past year. 

Canzano has been one of the key reporters on all of this.

Edited by 2002duck

On 3/20/2023 at 9:57 PM, 2002duck said:

I understand. I was really hoping for a big story from Canzano about the PAC-12 meeting tomorrow that is going to address the media deal. It is hands down one of the biggest national stories in college football in the past year. 

Canzano has been one of the key reporters on all of this.

You might want to listen to the John Canzano: Bald Faced Truth Podcast I posted this evening. Among the topics he discussed with Jon Wilner was the media negotiations and where it stands. If I remember correctly, the topic comes at the beginning of the podcast.

On 3/20/2023 at 7:55 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

You might want to listen

Will do.