Pennsylvania Duck

MBB: Players Entering Transfer Portal...Williams, Ware, Wur, Soares, Guerrier

Tyrone Williams enters the NCAA Transfer Portal

Oregon junior guard Tyrone Williams will finish his college basketball career somewhere other than the University of Oregon. Williams intends to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal for his final year of eligibility, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Williams released a statement to The Athletic about the decision.

"I want to thank the Univesity of Oregon for all the opportunities they have afforded me in my time in Eugene.

"Secondly, I would like to thank my support system for being there throughout the ups and downs.

"Lastly, I would like to thank coach Altman, his staff, and the entire University of Oregon for supporting me this last year. It has been an great experience and I am thankful for all the memories I have been apart of during my time here at the Univesity of Oregon.

247SPORTS.COM

The first departure of the offseason has hit the Oregon men's basketball program.

No offense, but in my opinion he was a massive liability when he was on the court. He doesn't have good handles, he turned the ball over a lot in the PAC-12 tourney, and he shot 31% at the free throw line and 30% from three this season. 

His departure opens up a spot for a portal player that is looking for a shot at the NBA (maybe!). 

Edited by 2002duck
  • Thumbs Up 3

Former top-10 prospect Kel'el Ware to enter transfer portal, leave Oregon

Oregon freshman Kel'el Ware, the No. 7 overall prospect out of the 2022 class and former McDonald's All American, will enter the transfer portal and has no intention of entering the 2023 NBA Draft, he tells 247Sports.

“I am incredibly thankful for my freshman season at Oregon," said Ware. "Sincere thanks to Coach Altman and the entire coaching staff for believing in me and helping me grow, both as a player and person. I will take the lessons that I have learned on and off the court this season into this next chapter. And to Ducks Nation and most importantly, my teammates: thank you for embracing me into the Oregon family.”

The Ducks’ seven-footer was projected as a late first round pick after a rocky season in Eugene but rather than enter the NBA Draft in 2023, he is taking another year of college to further elevate his stock and will do so for a new college program.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon freshman Kel'el Ware, the No. 7 overall prospect out of the 2022 class, will enter the transfer portal and has no intention of...

Oregon forward Lök Wur enters the transfer portal

On Friday, Oregon forward Lök Wur entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer with two more years of eligibility. Wur officially announced the move on Twitter.

Wur, a three-star PF out of Nebraska, joined the Ducks in the 2019 class alongside N'Faly Dante, Addison Patterson, CJ Walker, Isaac Johnson, and Chris Duarte. The lone remaining member of that class is Dante, who still has not officially announced if he will return to Oregon for his final year of eligibility.

Oregon has now lost three players to the transfer portal this offseason as Wur joins former five-star C Kel'el Ware and G Tyrone Williams.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon forward Lök Wur enters the transfer portal on Friday afternoon.

Hate to see Lok Wur go!  Can understand it though: players wanna play!

On 4/7/2023 at 8:28 PM, Duckdude said:

Hate to see Lok Wur go!  Can understand it though: players wanna play!

Totally agree. He seemed to add energy to a team that really needed it this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good luck to him, seems like a great kid, really liked watching him play, wish he got more run at times.  He seems like a guy that could really succeed at mid-major level.

Rivaldo Soares makes his decision on future with Oregon

Oregon senior guard Rivaldo Soares has the decision to make with what he'll do with his final year of eligibility due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and he's made his decision on what he's doing.

On Monday, April 10th, Soares entered the NCAA Transfer Portal as a graduate transfer player with one year of eligibility remaining. The news was first reported by VerbalCommits and confirmed by 247Sports.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon starting guard Rivlado Soares has made a decision on what he'll do with his final year of eligibility and if he'll spend that...

Click to see entire post...

Hope for the best for all these guys.  That said, I'm really excited for what's coming in.  Now, probably need the portal to get some depth and experienced veterans.  The guys leaving never really produced, for whatever reason.

Great athlete, hustle player, but terrible shooter.  I wish him the best...

Mr. FishDuck

Honestly, the upside appears to be the new blood we already see entering the program.

If these guys can mature quickly, and Altman can score a couple quality transfers out of the portal, such as he was known for earlier in his tenure, this could be a truly exciting bunch to watch.

Start serving Sure-Gel as soon as they hit the training table!

Highly sought-after Oregon transfer commits to Indiana basketball

Rejoice, Indiana fans. Your day is about to get better.

The Hoosiers dipped into the transfer portal and came away with the addition of the offseason Monday, earning a commitment from former Oregon center Kel’el Ware. A former 5-star recruit and top 10 prospect, Ware played just 1 season at Oregon before deciding to take his talents elsewhere.

Ware, standing at 7-0, 210 pounds, saw limited minutes for the Ducks this past season, not quite enough to get a true feel for his efficacy as a Power 6 center. However, his obvious gift for the game of basketball shined through a few times in Eugene.

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Indiana picked up a huge transfer commitment Monday.

Oregon forward Quincy Guerrier announces his intentions for next season

Oregon senior forward Quincy Guerrier has an extra year of eligibility and has made his decision on what he'll be doing with the year. The 6-foot-8 forward from Montreal in Canada announced on Tuesday that he intends to enter the Transfer Portal.

Guerrier arrived at Oregon ahead of the 2021-22 season after playing his first two seasons of college basketball at Syracuse. Guerrier picked Syracuse over Oregon and other schools out of high school. At Oregon, he was one of Oregon's most durable players over the last two years.

He played in and started all 35 games for Oregon as a junior in 2021-22 and then played in all 36 games for Oregon this past season, and he started 22 of those games.

This year at Oregon Guerrier averaged 9.0 points, and 4.6 rebounds, and he played 25.8 minutes per game. He shot 42.3 percent on field goals and 34.7 percent on 3-pointers. Guerrier made just 58.1 percent of his free throws this past season.

Guerrier was removed from Oregon's starting lineup in the month of February as Dana Altman said the Ducks needed to make a change. He provided spot duty in the starting lineup later in the season for one week and then returned again for Oregon's three games in the NIT.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon senior forward Quincy Guerrier has made his decision regarding his future with the Oregon Ducks

Click for larger view...Click to see Guerrier's message, there's no sensitive content.

Hate to see Guerrier go.  His level of offense was very streaky—-sometimes deadly, and, oftentimes deadly to the Ducks, too.  Still, one of our top rebounders.  Sorry to see him go before he better harnessed his offense.  Good luck to him!

• Thumbs Up 1

No ill will towards him, but he was a huge disappointment, came in as an all-league player from the ACC, and proceeded to basically be a very average player in a position where we have normally had great production from.  Think it helps the team overall since he just couldn't be relied on for much.

Former Oregon men’s basketball guard Rivaldo Soares commits to transfer to Oklahoma

Former Oregon guard Rivaldo Soares will finish his career in the Big 12.

Soares, who entered the transfer portal earlier this month, committed to Oklahoma on Saturday. He has one year of eligibility remaining.

The 6-foot-5, 205-pound Soares averaged 7.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 36 games with 33 starts for UO this season. He shot 38.1% from the field, including 25.3% from three, and 83.1% from the free throw line.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Soares will finish his career in the Big 12.

Former Oregon men’s basketball forward Quincy Guerrier commits to transfer to Illinois

Former Oregon forward Quincy Guerrier will finish his career in the Big Ten.

Guerrier, who entered the transfer portal last week, committed to Illinois on Monday. He has one year of eligibility remaining after spending two seasons at UO and two at Syracuse.

The 6-foot-8, 220-pound Guerrier averaged 9.0 points and 4.6 rebounds in 36 games with 22 starts for UO this season. He shot 42.3% from the field, including 34.7% from three, and 58.1% from the free throw line.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Guerrier has one year of eligibility remaining after spending two seasons at UO and two at Syracuse.

Former Oregon men’s basketball guard Tyrone Williams commits to transfer to Old Dominion

Former Oregon guard Tyrone Williams is headed to the Sun Belt.

Williams, who entered the transfer portal last month, committed to Old Dominion on Thursday.

He averaged 2.5 points and 2.0 rebounds in 23 games off the bench for UO last season.

The 6-foot-5, 200-pound guard was the No. 3 junior college prospect in the 247Sports Composite in the class of 2022 and the leading scorer in junior college basketball in 2020-21 and 2021-22. Williams has two years of eligibility remaining.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Williams will continue his career in the Sun Belt

Former Oregon men’s basketball forward Lok Wur commits to transfer to Grand Canyon

Former Oregon forward Lök Wur will continue his career in the WAC.

Wur, who entered the transfer portal last month, committed to Grand Canyon on Tuesday.

He averaged 2.6 points and 2.3 rebounds in 28 games with three starts for UO last season.

The 6-foot-9, 215-pound forward was a three-star prospect and ranked No. 467 in the 247Sports Composite in the class of 2019. Wur has two years of eligibility remaining.

Wur is the last of five Oregon players to enter the transfer portal this offseason to commit to a new program, joining center Kel’el Ware (Indiana), guards Rivaldo Soares (Oklahoma) and Tyrone Williams (Old Dominion) and forward Quincy Guerrier (Illinois).

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Wur averaged 2.6 points and 2.3 rebounds in 28 games with three starts for UO last season.