Annie

QUAAACK! Oregon Nabs Commitment From Four-Star Safety Aaron Flowers

WWW.HUDL.COM

Watch Aaron Flowers's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Forney High School - Varsity Football / CB, FS, SS / Class of...

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles
  • Like 3

Oregon lands a commitment from On3 top-100 safety Aaron Flowers

Oregon picked up a win on the recruiting trail Friday afternoon.

That win came in the form of a commitment from On300 DB Aaron Flowers, who pledged to the Ducks over USC and Oklahoma on Friday. Flowers, a top-100 recruit out of Forney (Texas) High School in North Texas, was getting recruited primarily by head coach Dan Lanning, who made the elite safety a top priority for the Ducks in this cycle.

“If the head coach is really involved in the recruiting process and is really on you, then the school really wants you a lot and you’re a big priority for them,” Flowers told On3.

WWW.ON3.COM

On3 top-100 Texas safety Aaron Flowers committed to Oregon over Oklahoma and USC Friday afternoon.
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

“They’ve been hard on me, especially Dan Lanning,” Flowers noted. “The head coach is really on me, the whole staff really likes me and they’re texting me every day, calling me and FaceTiming me, and showing true love.”

These coaches are good at it! It's gotta be exhausting.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Flowers is a 4-Star with Rivals.com, and is also offered by Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee, USC and Washington.

favicon.ico Aaron Flowers | Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Aaron Flowers - 2024 4 Star Safety for Forney (Forney, TX) on Rivals.com
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Where Oregon's 2024 class ranks nationally after latest commitment

Early in the year, the Oregon Ducks had a top-10 class nationally after landing a flurry of four-star players, including a pair of top-100 wide receivers in Tyseer Denmark and Jordan Anderson, as well as a top-150 player in OT Fox Crader.

Over the last couple of months, that top-10 national ranking started to slip a little bit as the Ducks got passed by other teams picking up commitments. While Oregon was experiencing positive momentum as far as making recruiting cutdowns and scheduling visits, the commitments were infrequent.

That changed on Friday afternoon, with 4-star safety Aaron Flowers announcing his commitment to the Ducks. Flowers is rated by 247Sports as the No. 109 player in the 2024 class, and the No. 9 safety. He is the sixth player to join the Ducks’ 2024 class, all of whom are rated as 4-stars.

So where did his addition bump Oregon to in the national recruiting rankings? Let’s take a look:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

With the addition of 4-star Aaron Flowers, the Ducks took a big jump in the 2024 recruiting rankings.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaron Flowers, Four-Star Texas Safety, Commits to Oregon Ducks

Flowers has been one of Chris Hampton's top targets in the 2024 class since the former Tulane defensive coordinator joined Dan Lanning's coaching staff in January. 

"It looks really great," he said of his relationships with the Oregon coaching staff. "They're heavy hitters in my recruiting process. They always get me on Facetime with Coach Hampton. Coach Lanning Facetimes me a lot compared to other coaches. He's a really chill guy. He talks to my dad a lot too."

He's the first defensive back to commit to Oregon in 2024. He's the third highest-rated commit in Dan Lanning's haul behind wide receivers Jordan Anderson and Tyseer Denmark.

Oregon continues to flourish in the state of Texas after signing six recruits from the Lone Star State in 2023, highlighted by edge rusher Ashton Porter (Cypress, TX) safety Tyler Turner (San Antonio, TX) and wide receiver Ashton Cozart (Flower Mound, TX) to name a few.

Read more about Aaron Flowers' commitment in this article from Ducks Digest.

Aaron Flowers went through Rivals to announce his commitment.

WATCH his commitment included in the article below...

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Aaron Flowers committed to Oregon live on Rivals, and you can watch the announcement in this video with Nick Harris.

Meet the Class: Oregon lands four-star S Aaron Flowers, 2024 class jumps to 11th nationally

With spring football beginning, Oregon's recruiting presence is beginning to shine.

As the spring game moves closer, dozens of visitors are flocking to Eugene and seeing what one of the best facilities in the country has to offer. Four-star safety Aaron Flowers from Forney, Texas, pulled the trigger, committing to Oregon on Friday, April 7th.

Here's 247 Sports Gabe Brooks' evaluation of Flowers from earlier this season:

6 commits, 6 states.

• Wow 1

On 4/7/2023 at 7:53 PM, JDuck said:

6 commits, 6 states.

And five of the six are Rivals.com 4-Stars?  A fantastic percentage!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Social Media Reacts to Aaron Flowers Committing to Oregon

Oregon's 2024 recruiting class gained a new member on Friday.

Forney (Tex.) safety Aaron Flowers committed to the Ducks over competing offers from USC, Alabama and Arkansas among others.

His commitment gives the Ducks the No. 11 recruiting class in the country and builds on the No. 1 class in the Pac-12. He's the first high school recruit to commit to Chris Hampton as well, and the third safety along with Ole Miss transfer Tysheem Johnson and Fresno State transfer Evan Williams.

Here are some of the top reactions from social media...

Click here to see the social media reactions from Ducks Digest.

Good to see another Texas kid in the fold. Nice solid start for the Ducks coaching staff. I hope we can get more studs in the front seven. Badly needed.