Jon Joseph

Ohio State is the B1G Winner in this 2024 Yardbarker Mock Draft

The Buckeyes continue as college football's Wide Receiver U but also have 3 big boys in this much too early projected 2024 NFL draft. 5 players chosen from the Buckeyes in the 1st round would be SEC-like and put Ohio State ahead of Alabama and Georgia, both projected to have 3 1st round picks. 

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

The 2023 NFL draft is in the books, and NFL front offices are already looking forward to 2024. Here's a look at our way-too-early NFL mock draft as of May 1, 2023.

The Pac-12 would produce twice as many 1st rounders in the mock, with 6 players chosen as it did in 2023. 4 QBs - SC's Williams goes #1, UW's Penix, Oregon's Bo Nix, 16 to the Vikings, and CU's Sanders, to the Denver Broncos. 

UW produces 2 picks, QB Penix and DE Trice.

QBs, Ewers, Jefferson, and Rattler, based on the 2023 play, are IMO all overrated in this mock draft. This is the first I've seen of Prime Time's son going in the 1st round in any 2024 mock draft. 

Georgia's Brock Bowers the perfect TE for today's game drops to 14. I don't see it. For Justin Herbert's sake, I hope the Chargers do not pick RB, Ohio State's Henderson in the 1st round. 

I wonder if Clemson, FSU, and Miami out of the ACC will all have 2 1st round picks. The Pac-12 was dinged in 2023 for 'soft' play. I'm sorry but I don't see the physicality of the ACC being more ferocious than the play in the Pac-12. 

This is wayyyyy too early but it is a looooong off-season.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As much as I love Bo Nix and how he can win games at the college level....I do not see him as an NFL QB, let alone a first round pick.

What I see for Bo Nix in the future?  He returns to Oregon in a decade as a 32 year old Offensive Coordinator, and I'll bet he would be a good one.

Lanning and Nix_Fox Sports Video (2).jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

It will be interesting to see if Nix with a new OC avoids a 'sophomore slump.'

The competition in the final season of the Pac-12 as currently constituted is going to be fierce. 

Todd McShades 2024 mock draft 1st round Pac-12 picks. McShay had one of the better too-early drafts in 2023.

1. Caleb Williams - QB, USC - Bucs via trade with Cardinals. QB Cap hit too high for the Cardinals to take McShay

10. Bralen Trice - DE, UW - Washington

11. Rome Odunze - WR, UW - Washington - interesting that McShay has 2 Washington guys drafted back-to-back by the Washington Commanders.

27. Callen Bullock - S, USC - Green Bay

No Nix or Penix in the 1st round. Former Duck, BYU OL Suamataia 27 to the Bengals

Todd has 6 Ohio State players going in the 1st round.

On 5/4/2023 at 9:34 AM, Charles Fischer said:

As much as I love Bo Nix and how he can win games at the college level....I do not see him as an NFL QB, let alone a first round pick.

What I see for Bo Nix in the future?  He returns to Oregon in a decade as a 32 year old Offensive Coordinator, and I'll bet he would be a good one.

Lanning and Nix_Fox Sports Video (2).jpg

Nix proved to be an excellent college quarterback last season, but the jump to the NFL is huge, especially for someone with average arm strength.

I see him as a late round pick at best and likely becoming a career backup. But then again, Brock Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant last year and now he appears to be the 49ers’ QB of the future.

I do not disagree with your and Charles's thoughts on Nix but the majority of mock drafts I have seen predict that NIx will go in the middle of the first round or early in the 2nd round.

I know he is getting paid to return to Oregon but it is a risk. He would have probably gone in the 2nd round or late first round in 2023.

I truly hope Bo plays well enough to be selected in the first round, but I am more inclined to agree with Charles that he will be a middle round pick at best. In fact, even that may be a stretch if his OL can't protect him at least as well as last year's line did.

Environment truly plays a role  in how player produces on the field. For two of his three years in the SEC, Bo was often tormented by those first round type DLs and LBs that the SEC seems to produce. He didn't face many (any?) of those guys in the PAC last year. Again, I wish the guy well but his future may well be in coaching. And wouldn't be nice if I had to eat these words in the future.

Fansided checks in.

1. Georgia

2. LSU

3. Michigan

4. Alabama - I do not see the SEC having 3 of the 4 playoff teams with one of Bama/LSU not winning its division.

5. Ohio State - IMO the Buckeyes have a better chance at the final not winning its division than does Bama or LSU. However, SOS will be interesting with Ohio State at Notre Dame, LSU playing FSU in Orlando, and Texas coming to Tuscaloosa.

6. USC - Will there be a D in USC?

7. Penn State - The B1G East will be salty.

8. Notre Dame - I think both QB Sam Hartman and his new school are overrated. Especially having to play Ohio State and USC and traveling to Clemson.

9. FSU - I like Clemson and not FSU to win the ACC.

10. Clemson

12. Oregon - Things break right and the Ducks will be a contender for the final, Final 4.

13. Washington

16 Utah

20 UCLA

25 Oregon State - In my opinion, UCLA, a team that plays in Corvallis, is too high and Oregon State is too low.