Jon Joseph

Pac-12 Guru Jon Wilner's Post Spring Top 10 and Other Pac-12 Teams Ranked in His Top 25

Jon Wilner has posted his post-spring revised Top 25. Here are his Top 10 plus other Pac-12 schools ranked in the Top 25.

1. Georgia - DUH!

2. Michigan - A cupcake out-of-conference schedule helps to justify this ranking.

3. LSU - Daniels will be the best QB in the SEC but will LSU be able to win at Bama? 

4. Washington - Huh? How about this scheduling trifecta - Utah, at USC, at Oregon State. Both Oregon schools but for coaching gaffs had UW beat last season. And can UW win a shootout at USC?

5. Alabama- When Saint Nick is dissed he usually wins championships.

6. FSU - Tallahassee is getting more love since the days of Freddy 'Boom Boom' Cannon. Sorry for the old-timer throwback. One that goes way back.

7. Ohio State - Mock drafts have Ohio State with 6 players being drafted in the 1st round of the 2024 NFL draft. Win at Notre Dame and it's a two-game schedule. Penn State and at Michigan. I would have ranked tOSU in UW's spot.

8. Notre Dame - A school that lost to a G5 opponent and Stanford in South Bend last season and has to play Ohio State and at Clemson?

9. USC - The schedule ramps up with having to play UW and Oregon and at Notre Dame. I'll believe that Troy fields a decent D only when I see it.

10.. Clemson - I like Clemson playing FSU at home to win the ACC and also to win the game in Clemson versus Notre Dame. At USC(e) could be tricky.

14 - Utah - Will Rising be able to compete at a championship level coming off of a bad knee injury? Tripping to USC and UW will not be easy and with a suspect defense Oregon shut down the Utes O in 2022. IMO opinion Utah should not be ranked ahead of Oregon and Oregon State.

15. Oregon - As I have expressed directly to Mr. Wilner I have no idea why Oregon dropped from 9 to 15 or why he has Oregon ranked the 4th best team in the Pac-12. I hope this will help motivate the Ducks. It motivates me in the direction of ticked-off!

18. Oregon State - The Beavers had UW beat in Seattle last season if it only kicked 2 FG instead of going for it twice on 4th and goal and being held short of the goal line twice. Troy is not on the schedule, the Beavers play no Power 5 opponent out-of-conference and play UW in Corvallis with UW coming off games against Utan and playing at USC. In summary, Oregon State should be ranked higher than 18.

22. UCLA - The Bruins with a Charmin soft out-of-conference schedule, will start 3 and O and have the easiest Pac-12 conference schedule. Still, I see UCLA's ceiling at 9 wins.

25. Texas Tech - Oregon will be tested in Lubbock.

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is great to be an underdog...to have to prove it to the nation.  I WANT our players to have a chip on their shoulder.

We will get respect when we earn-it, with wins.  Bask in it when the season is over...

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I'll be honest at this point I've lost interest in where the Ducks are ranked, if we're good enough to reach the goals we have then I think we have the schedule to accomplish those goals.  I do wonder how in the world you can have UW 4th in the nation, good team, but they had no defense, they had no running game, Oregon would have won that game with a healthy QB, just a really weird pick imo.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/11/2023 at 12:51 PM, spartan2785 said:

I'll be honest at this point I've lost interest in where the Ducks are ranked, if we're good enough to reach the goals we have then I think we have the schedule to accomplish those goals.  I do wonder how in the world you can have UW 4th in the nation, good team, but they had no defense, they had no running game, Oregon would have won that game with a healthy QB, just a really weird pick imo.

I wish he had fuskies and SUC tied for preseason #1. It would just make the inevitable face plant back to reality even more enjoyable.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2