FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Biggest Recruit of 2024

Our Oregon Ducks football program has been making waves in a big way since Dan Lanning took over recruiting. Frankly, the past decade of Oregon coaches has completely reshaped the national perception of Oregon’s strength as a dominant program in the West since Chip Kelly’s championship run and departure from the Ducks. Some might connect the Ducks’ recent recruiting success to...

FISHDUCK.COM

Our Oregon Ducks football program has been making waves in a big way since Dan Lanning took over recruiting. Frankly, the past decade of...

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Great article Alex, but I would say the shift to speed within the quality of players Lanning is bringing in is the big story. The previous coaches have proven Oregon is a destination for talented players. What Lanning is doing is bringing speed to both the offense and defense, and highlighting that talent. 

I do agree an upgrade of talent on the both the lines is going to be the quiet big story. The noise we will hear going forward is going to be from speed returning to the program. From LB's closing on RB's trying to round the corner, to WR's breaking down defenses the Oregon Program will again be the most exciting show in college football.

I look forward to a continued talent upgrade throughout the program within the vision Lanning has for Oregon. We finally have a coach who gets the Oregon Program and knows how to bring it back to life. Many didn't realize it but the Oregon Football Program was on life support, but it is coming back!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks for another of your great articles Alex!  Excellent points to consider and discuss.

Coach Lanning was very successful in his first year as a head coach.  He is gathering an awesome coaching staff.  I too have confidence Coach Lanning will continue to improve the Ducks.

I also agree with Haywarduck, speed is coming back to Oregon.  You can't coach speed.  Speed is a difference maker.  

So many positives you brought up Alex.  It's nice to read about the team and look forward to this coming season.  Thanks again for my reading pleasure today!

• Thumbs Up 2

Brandon Baker's father, Gary Baker, was a good defensive tackle at Oregon.  I am hoping the family ties prevail!  Fun article Alex!

Gary Baker - Football - University of Oregon Athletics

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you, Alex.

USC had a couple of banner recruiting days in the last week and Troy is still behind Oregon in the 2024 recruiting rankings. 

Going to the B1G will not ipso facto move Trojans recruiting ahead of the recruiting being accomplished by Dan Lanning and his staff. Yes, the B1G has Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State but this means more competition for SC when it comes to recruiting.

And on-field competition-wise the B1G also has Rutgers, Northwestern, Maryland, Indiana, and Purdue. Last season LSU hung 60+ on B1G West champ Purdue. And although 1 game was classic, tOSU vs UGA, the B1G went 0-2 in the 2022 playoff. TCU's speed was too much for heavily favored Michigan to handle. 

And although it is a small sample size I expect that Lanning et al will coach the new players up far better than did Mario. 

• Thumbs Up 2