Jon Joseph

SHOUT! Autzen Stadium is in The Top 10 Stadiums to Watch College Football

Amazing when you compare the Autzen seating capacity to others in the top 10.

UCLA at 10? The Rose Bowl is 1 on January 1st but not when the Bruins play there. 

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Autzen has had the reputation of being one of the toughest places to play for opponents, but how does it rank with other stadiums?

So, they are ranking the best atmosphere, not fan interaction or how hard it is to play there necessarily.  The Rose Bowl is in a beautiful location, but the stadium and the fans, meh.

I have no idea why some people love the Rose Bowl.  The thing has terrible site lines for seating and you can tell it was built in 1902.  I don't need a space ship for a stadium, but I'm sorry the actual stadium is past its prime and really should be demolished and rebuilt.

• Oh no! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/14/2023 at 8:05 AM, Tandaian said:

I have no idea why some people love the Rose Bowl.  The thing has terrible site lines for seating and you can tell it was built in 1902.  I don't need a space ship for a stadium, but I'm sorry the actual stadium is past its prime and really should be demolished and rebuilt.

Yes! I think that stadium is a pit! Worn, uneven stairs, narrow tunnels (took us an hour to get out the stadium after the 2010 Rose Bowl, because one--one!--tunnel was closed due to some sort of construction), you have to go outside the stadium for concession stands and bathrooms--and the bathrooms dreadful.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/14/2023 at 11:05 AM, Tandaian said:

So, they are ranking the best atmosphere, not fan interaction or how hard it is to play there necessarily.  The Rose Bowl is in a beautiful location, but the stadium and the fans, meh.

Tradition? Spot on regarding the stadium itself but people watching the game under a snowbank only see the sunshine and the Sun Gabriel Mountains. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Alabama and Georgia are not in the top 10?   Hmmm...

• Applause 1

On 6/14/2023 at 8:41 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Tradition? Spot on regarding the stadium itself but people watching the game under a snowbank only see the sunshine and the Sun Gabriel Mountains. 

Yes, so they don't know any better. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1