Charles Fischer

Whew! IMPRESSIVE Video About WR Verbal Jack Ressler

When you can carve out nine minutes--this is very entertaining.  Wowsa.  This is not just highlights, not just his announcement to Oregon, but comments from the coaches he grew up with and how he is been "the" glue guy for outstanding teams in the past. 

He is now with national power Mater Dei, and his leadership (and recruiting) could be a massive jolt upward for Oregon at that school.  (Five 5-Star guys on this team between 2024 and 2025)

After watching this video...I got to thinking..."who does this remind me of?"  Who has the passion, the determination, the will to improve and soak it up from coaches like this?  Bo Nix.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

He certainly looks like one of those great gets that go way beyond what he does on the field. 

Thanks for posting.

He is my favorite recruit in a long time

Love Jack Ressler's attitude while growing up and throughout his career to date! Who knows what our future holds, but I believe we are going to remember this young man. Jack reminds me of "Rudy" Ruediger (UND), but with talent.

This isn't an exact quote, but when one of his previous coaches warned him he might not get many [ball] touches if Jack selected the Oregon Ducks as his college/university team, Jack's reply was something to the effect, 'I want to play with the best to be the best'.

Later, Jack stated he had great confidence in his ability, and he was betting on himself (similar to the walk-on RB this past year from Dripping Springs, TX) (if I recall correctly). I admire confident players who have many reasons to be confident, who are smart & hard workers, who never quit, and they think "family/team".

Jack is reportedly a "glue" guy. He's a leader, an example at all times; he will help our entire team effort be more focused and effective (in practice and during games), Jack is a recruiter. Technically, Jack catches the ball with his hands. It rarely just drops into his hands; he reaches out for the ball to grasp it in his hands, and to then secure it. I enjoy watching football receivers (at all levels) catch the ball well and then secure it.

Best regards, and Ducks always play to Win!

KCDuck1

On 6/18/2023 at 11:02 PM, KCDuck1 said:

This isn't an exact quote, but when one of his previous coaches warned him he might not get many [ball] touches if Jack selected the Oregon Ducks as his college/university team, Jack's reply was something to the effect, 'I want to play with the best to be the best'.

That statement was in reference to him choosing an 8th Grade team called the Ducks.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/18/2023 at 11:02 PM, KCDuck1 said:

Chrisjenn99,

Thanks for the correction. That was not crystal clear in the video; or, I just did not hear it accurately. Regardless, thanks for the information. I don't want to put any pressure on Jack. He'll practice, play, and perform to his best natural abilities. We are fortunate to attract such a good young man to our team, and I'll leave it at that.

Thank you, again. Best regards, and I remain VR,

KCDuck1

Love Jack Ressler's attitude while growing up and throughout his career to date! Who knows what our future holds, but I believe we are going to remember this young man. Jack reminds me of "Rudy" Ruediger (UND), but with talent.

Later, Jack stated he had great confidence in his ability, and he was betting on himself (similar to the walk-on RB this past year from Dripping Springs, TX) (if I recall correctly). I admire confident players who have many reasons to be confident, who are smart & hard workers, who never quit, and they think "family/team".

Jack is reportedly a "glue" guy. He's a leader, an example at all times; he will help our entire team effort be more focused and effective (in practice and during games), Jack is a recruiter. Technically, Jack catches the ball with his hands. It rarely just drops into his hands; he reaches out for the ball to grasp it in his hands, and to then secure it. I enjoy watching football receivers (at all levels) catch the ball well and then secure it.

Best regards, and Ducks always play to Win!

KCDuck1