Mudslide

Sanders May Lose Foot. Affects CO Football?

WWW.USATODAY.COM

Colorado football coach Deion Sanders continues to be hobbled by foot discomfort stemming from related problems in 2021.

• Wow 2

This is very sad. I hope it doesn't affect his ability to coach in any way. We want a strong PAC.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't care if you like or dislike any person, this is the sort of thing that demands attention, immediate care, and thoughts/prayers for a strong recovery.

When you think of the history of Sanders' sports career, it's hard to imagine this sort of outcome, yet, is probably much more common than many of us realize.

• Thumbs Up 1

Report: Deion Sanders to undergo emergency surgery

Colorado head coach Deion Sanders is dealing with another serious medical issue, according to Pat McAfee.

The sports broadcaster tweeted out Thursday afternoon that Sanders is undergoing emergency surgery on Friday for a blood clot in his groin.

McAfee received the news from Adam (Pacman) Jones, who appeared on the Pat McAfee Show on Thursday. Jones spoke directly with Sanders, ahead of releasing the news.

“There is some news coming out of Colorado about coach Prime — Deion Sanders — and I want to make sure I get this right. You were talking directly to him — a blood clot has been found in his groin, and he has emergency surgery happening tomorrow,” McAfee said to Jones.

WWW.ON3.COM

Deion Sanders, who is the head coach of Colorado football, is set to undergo emergency groin surgery on Friday, according to a...

Sanders is having blood clot surgery and is not expected to have any body parts removed. He has a form of blood cancer that produces too many red blood cells. Not anywhere as life-threatening as leukemia if treated properly. 

One part of the treatment requires rest and staying away from stressful situations. Not ideal for a college football coach.

Prime Time was an amazing athlete. Hard to believe this could happen to him. Amazing 2 sport athlete, second only to Bo in my mind.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Agree about showing sportsmanship and dignity.  There are some things that transcend what happens on the field and this is one of them.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Hear it from Deion Sanders himself about his surgery

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1