Steven A

Ducks Receiving Room No. 7 in the Country?

Ducks are loaded at every skill position group offensively. This might be the most talent Ducks have ever fielded on the O.

Will be interesting to see how the O line comes together. New line coach in Terry and 4 starters gone from last year. Will be interesting.

JPJ, Conerly and Ajani Cornelius are absolute Dudes. If the line gets to a high level, the skill players are going to shred the Pac.

23' is going to be a big year.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/6/2023 at 3:59 PM, Log Haulin said:

New line coach in Terry and 4 starters gone from last year. Will be interesting.

Not a problem.

We will have four starters who played extensively or started in Josh Connerly, Marcus Harper, Jackson Powers-Light, and Steven Jones.  Add Ajani Cornelius--the best offensive lineman in the portal, and you have FIVE starters who are proven prior starters or who played almost as much.

Oh yeah.  Can't forget the Texas transfer, Junior Angilau, who started 30+ games at guard, and the monster guard, Nishad Strother, from Eastern Carolina.

Nishad Strother, East Carolina, Offensive Line

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

We had the highest rated linebacker crew a few years ago, and production, not so much. I am as excited as anyone, but will wait for the production.

I will say Troy Franklin is the real deal. He has proven himself an elite Oregon receiver, all-time, in my book. The rest of the guys are going to have to prove it. 

I have lots of enthusiasm, but believe the accolades shouldn't come before the accomplishments.  Recievers are like movies, some seem like they should be box office hits, but actually flop. Others, like Jeff Maehl, seem like they really shouldn't be that good, but become box office blockbusters.

I will also say Tez Johnson, in the spring game, was like watching a movie preview I don't want to miss. I hope the full release is as exciting as that preview!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/6/2023 at 4:35 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Not a problem.

We will have four starters who played extensively or started in Josh Connerly, Marcus Harper, Jackson Powers-Light, and Steven Jones.  Add Ajani Cornelius--the best offensive lineman in the portal, and you have FIVE starters who are proven prior starters or who played almost as much.

Oh yeah.  Can't forget the Texas transfer, Junior Angilau, who started 30+ games at guard, and the monster guard, Nishad Strother, from Eastern Carolina.

Nishad Strother, East Carolina, Offensive Line

Right, just need them to be cohesive as a unit. Thats the challenge Terry faces. What Oregon has done on both O line and D line is amazing. 

Add the skill players on offense and the upgrade on 2nd and 3rd level defensively. This could turn out to be a special year.

Dare I say 14 wins? Flup it! 14-1 with a trip to NCG. That means wins in Seattle and Salt Lake. I will take a loss in Rice-Eccles if Ducks end year 14-1

Go Ducks!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1