Charles Fischer

Something BIG (Good) is Coming With Hints from Lanning?

This is very cryptic, makes me curious and when an Oregon staffer and a mod at ScoopDuck liked it--huh?  That along with the praying hands from Travis, and how both those guys have connections into the program?

Something is about to go down, as another clue is the way Dan answered the question from Crepea that a lot is coming next, and just sit back and watch.  Lanning did this with a huge smile on his face.

This below is perhaps another clue?

Mr. FishDuck

Wait a minute...another video of Ohio State's Brutus with The Duck?  I recognize that waterfall at Autzen...

Is this a gradual buildup of joining the B1G?  Could that be what Dan is smiling and so confident about?  Perhaps the "big vision" statement issued by Rob Mullens was in reference to that?

Are we fans being played...in a positive way?  Or...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Tomorrow promises to be a crazy, crazy day indeed.

Whatever the case may be, if I were GK I wouldn't be feeling good right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:33 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This below is perhaps another clue?

Maybe... Probably what everyone is hinting at... 

But I'd also like to mention that Oregon's donors are always going to support Oregon and beyond that the school didn't pay for Lanning's raise... It was from a donor that is not named Phil Knight. 

With that kind of support it seems foolish not to sign an extension. 

David Marsh- you are 100% correct in your assessment about DL's pay increase.   It was donor funded by a 'pool' of donors.  

Again, (please don't take this as me beating up on the former coach) while DL did not share any great revelations regarding the team  yesterday and yes, he hedged on Ferguson's status (he should be good to do based on what I have heard) it was just refreshing to listen to Dan yesterday.   He does have energy and a spirit about him that is infectious.   Yes, he speaks 'coach talk' but he comes across as happy.

I know Mario did not like the press and especially Crepea, but he just never came across well when dealing with the media.   Maybe he is better at it in Miami .

I sensed Dan really meant it when he said he wanted to be at Oregon for the long haul and it truly does sound like anchoring his family at this point in his life is very important.

Will he have more growing pains, sure he will and I am sure (unlike his predecessor) he will own them and learn from them like he did last year.

• Applause 3

The questions are...what is it, and WHEN?

Mr. FishDuck

Meeting of P9 presidents and ADs is slated to start at 8am according to all the twitter 'sources'.  😉

A group shot of the B1G mascots, and look who is snuck into the top row?

• Let’s hope! 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/1/2023 at 9:49 AM, Charles Fischer said:

A group shot of the B1G mascots, and look who is snuck into the top row?

...and a little dawg on the bottom row.

Nice photoshop... Notice no toejam or bruin in the shot.

• Thumbs Up 2