Charles Fischer

USC Fans Furious/Obsessed With Oregon

All the wins over the years over the Trojans between on the field and recruiting has really got into the heads of USC fans. Their forums are full of Oregon threads, and they do NOT like how well the Ducks are recruiting.  Even with the set-backs lately, Oregon leads USC in recruiting, and to them?  It is just not right!  (No. 6 vs. No. 18)

At the bottom are posts about Oregon, and before that are quotes from our departing friends in the south...

---------------------------------------------------

"Their recruiting is weak now, even with NIL, they can’t secure the 5 stars that visit them, then they cry and call themselves bridesmaid U, they have 4 more commits than usc but still have a lower average per player rating."

"Respectfully, too many posts about a program that has no national championships! This is ridiculous. Oregon this, Oregon that, who gives a chit. Lol!" 

"They’ll still land solid players. They’ll be the team that punches above their weight class given NIL & a strong recruiting staff. (regardless of HC) Nevertheless, they won’t bring in top 5-7OVERALL recruiting classes on a consistent basis when they're not in one of the two dominant conferences."

"I would say for every one USC thread on the Oregon board, there are 3 or 4 Oregon threads on the USC board. It’s a little embarrassing."

"As much as we don’t want to admit it, Oregon has come a long way. There are about 10 threads on the 1st 2 pages related to them….you guys wouldn’t do this if they weren’t a threat to us. If I’m a Duck fan, I’m using our obsession of them as fapping material."

"Division street is arguably the best collective out there since it’s inception. Oregon will be fine with player retention. Although I don’t think they’ll recruit well enough to be a perennial power given that they’ll be in the non power 2 conference."

"Oregon recruiting will never be a problem .Meanwhile, we keep making them our bar and rage when they get one of our targets. Looking forward to the new receipts of unbearable excuses when the flip happens. It's time to pivot from comparing ourselves to a team that will not matter to us in '24 and finally install the '24 B1G bar to see where we stack up."

"The best payback will be beating them at their Duck pond. All this other stuff is just smoke and mirrors."

USC Fan Obsession.jpg

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

The spoiled brats South of us are wallowing in their own self worth.  USC and UCLA wouldn't make it on their own laurels except for happen chance being in the LA market.  Otherwise Big Ten and Fox wouldn't give a hoot who they are.

Both schools haven't been prominent, carry their weight in this conference for years!  Oregon and their donors pushed the envelope, never settling for mediocrity, finding ways to be better, to become a household name amongst recruits across the college landscape.

Oregon's motto should always be from the movie 'Field of Dreams'..."If You Build It He Will Come"  Just a slight change in the saying, for Oregon, "If You Build It They Will Come."  That's what's happening at Oregon, now a National Brand, offering the total package for a student athlete in sports and academics.

Maybe that is what they hate the most, Oregon has grown out from under them.  Have our own identity outside of USC's banner, a threat to their existence.

This is what drew Dan Lanning to Oregon and why he chooses to stay for a long time.  He believes in Oregon and what they're achieving.  He believes Oregon can bring home a national championship.

Yes, I've grown weary of the brats down under.  May we always be a thorn in their side for years to come in recruiting and on the field this year and beyond!

Go Ducks, Fly High!!.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2

When I read these USC forum comments, it makes me think of The Wizard of Oz. Their recent history with us is for them like Dorothy’s bad dream from which they’ll soon awake, and everything will be back to normal: from the nightmare of Oz (Oregon/PAC-12) to the comforting relief of Kansas (B1G). 

Like the Tinseltown they live in, Trojan fans confuse escapism with reality.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am very surprised by the existence of even a scintilla of self-reflection from U$C fans. 

I don’t remember the last time I saw a post about USC on this site that wasn’t about the Pac/media deal, or an upcoming game, or to make fun if their obsession with us. 

Was it the Lane Kiffen tarmac firing or maybe the Sarkesian debacle? Did OBD Forum even exist then?  

It's quite enjoyable to witness, again and again, meltdowns of The University of Spoiled Children aka USC.

They still can't wrap their heads around the fact that they have stunk up the conference for over a decade.  They live in the past and it is probably the most satisfying win, to put them in their place, knock down their entitled SoCal brat attitudes.  

Playing them every year and hearing their crying never ceases to amaze and give enjoyment.

Go Ducks and Lanning has an edge to him that I'm enjoying.

Ball out for that ball coach!

Lanning's Woodshed will be ready for USC at Autzen.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2