Log Haulin

Popo Aumavau Set For Return

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon defensive line coach Tony Tuioti raved about the player Popo Aumavae looks...

Popo Aumavae is an absolute beast. Losing him last year was a huge lose. He seems to almost be forgotten in this years ramp up to the 23 season.

Popos addition to the DLine will be one of the biggest factors of a much improved position group.

Dude is big, fast, violent and mean. Flat out nasty dude. It's why I am most excited about his return. 

The defensive front is going to wreak opposing O lines. I can't wait. Let the carnage begin.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Very excited for Popo to return to the field. He is another fierce defender that the offense must account for.

Let's hope Popo has the kind of season that propels the Ducks to the CFP. 

And launches Popo to the NFL.

GO DUCKS......

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Another guy on the list of who may step up and make the difference on defense. Popo can also make a difference longterm. 

The large question is who is going to set the standard at every position on defense going forward. The young guys need to know last year wasn't the Oregon defense we will see under Dan Lanning. It will take Popo and others to man their positions in a way unlike last year.

This is something which will impact this years defense and we all want that. The other, maybe more important, item is the older guys showing the young guys how everything is done. From the weight room, to the sideline, to the way a defense works together.

Popo needs to be one of those guys who leads on and off the field. If not Popo, who, and probably more importantly who else. It will take a bunch of guys lifting this defense and the defenses for years to come.

I look forward to seeing the foundational defensive players on defense this year. These guys have a chance to make the Lanning defense, and a defense we will see for years to come, I hope so!

• Go Ducks! 1