bbfishkiller

Stanford Game

This game was an absolute free gift to the Cardinal. To me the key play was the third down incomplete pass late in the game after the 2 procedure penalties. Whoever made that call should have to explain it in person. A run would have forced Stanford to use their last timeout, which they needed on their last drive.

The subsequent defensive let down, penalties, etc. probably would not have happened. Until team discipline becomes priority 1 there will continued problems and disappointments.

I would agree it was a key play, but there were tons of them by both us, and the officials.  If Anthony Brown pitches the ball to Verdell at the end of the half instead of trying to play "hero," we are up by 14 at the end and and this is moot.  Lots of plays that could have turned it...

I sure agree about team discipline, and that is a surprising issue for them considering Cristobal.

And normally I do not comment on posting names, but yours is unusual in reference to yours-truly.  But welcome to our community--do post often!

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/5/2021 at 8:15 AM, bbfishkiller said:

Whoever made that call should have to explain it in person. A run would have forced Stanford to use their last timeout, which they needed on their last drive.

That play in the 4th quarter was Brown making the wrong read and trying to make something happen. If he just took the sack it would have been better. 

I agree with Charles that Brown often puts the team on his shoulders when he really doesn't need to. There seems to be a lack of trust between him and the other players. 

In the Mariota years Mariota could and would put the team on his shoulders and he would ensure the play that needed to happen, happened. Same thing for the most part with Adams and Herbert. 

Brown doesn't have that skill set. 

I'm of the philosphy of never leave points in the first half or go chasing points in the first half.  Ducks needed to kick the FG just before half time.  I understand it is the butterfly effect of, if they kick that FG, the game changes.  However, I assume the rest of the game essentially plays out the same because it was so close to the end of the 1st half.  Tons of could have, would have, should have in the 4th quarter for the Ducks.