Jon Joseph

WOW! Volleyball (VB) is B1G in the B1G

Tonight, on the floor of the Nebraska football stadium, after a warm-up game featuring 2 lower-level Nebraska schools, P5 Nebraska will play P5 VB Omaha in the feature match.

The B1G Network predicts that over 92,000 fans will be in attendance. This will break the all-time record for people watching a women's sporting event in person anywhere around the world. 

It's so good to be going B1G! That's very cool 18x - 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍! And very cool for Ducks VB players.

You Go Girls!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/30/2023 at 12:02 PM, Jon Joseph said:

The B1G Network predicts that over 92,000 fans will be in attendance.

I can't wrap my head around it.  92,000 for a volleyball match...in Nebraska?  Whew!  Impressive, and that is not counting how good Penn State is...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/30/2023 at 9:28 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I can't wrap my head around it.  92,000 for a volleyball match...in Nebraska?  Whew!  Impressive, and that is not counting how good Penn State is...

They broke the record! 92,003 fans showed up. Most in-person watched games in the history of women's sports.

Now that's B1G!

In October, Iowa football's Kinnock Stadium will host a Women's CBB exhibition game, Iowa vs. DePaul. Close to 40,000 tickets have been sold to date. 

Sorry, Scott Barnes, but going B1G was and is the only way for Oregon to go.

Fan interest like this should help Oregon's Women's sports recruiting despite the travel travails. 

Edited by Jon Joseph

Oregon would have never pulled off 92,000 for volleyball, but it was "stunt" by Nebraska to get a guinness world record.  The B1G TEN does have great fan bases for volleyball.

• Thumbs Up 1

As KPNW reported this morning (on the Wake Up Show) the coach of Nebraska VB stated that only 3 things shutdown Nebraska: Snow storms, Covid-19 (let's hope that never happens again!) and Women's volley ball.  Uh, there was a time ... when it wasn't women's volley ball.  It was Nebraska Football.  And if they could have cloned Tom Osbourne it might still be that way. 

• Applause 1

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

In front of a packed house, the Cornhuskers finished with a 3-0 victory over Omaha