Mic

Deion Can Get Old - Fast

You gotta hand it to the Buffalos, they got a big win at TCU.  The program is suddenly resurgent.  But, wow!  A little Deion goes a long ways and right now there's no one trying to reign him in - even a little.  Is this about the Team or about he and his son?  Good Luck Colorado but get some humility if you can. What goes around has a way of coming back around.

ps: if there is any example of opposites I'd nominate Deion Sanders vs Dan Lanning.  Thank Good Gosh we have DL and not DS

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1

It will continue till the buffs lose.  Let's hope its a big loss in Autzen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Somehow, five or six interceptions of the Colorado QB or a mix of fumbles and interceptions sounds about right. Additionally, the Ducks really must run a punt or KO back for a TD. Would that it might become that easy - just say it, and it will be done, but it rarely is so.

I may have just described what Colorado is going to do to the Ducks, but I don't think so. Colorado's defense isn't as good as their QB-to-WRs passing. Since one of the Buffs punts was blocked, a critical eye should be drawn to an area of weakness in their Special Teams protections, also.

Still, DL just wants the W, and I am happy with that. I am interested in the Ducks defeating other teams rather than rubbing their nose in some form of excrement and potentially losing a close game. The same attitude should apply to all the Duck opponents, even SC and/or OU or LSU. We have not seen the last of any of those three programs. The Ducks have lost to the last two, and we meet SC during this season and perhaps in the championships.

Just win! Get the W, and get it good!

I remain VR,

KCDuck1

Edited by KCDuck1
Re-stated the ideas using better grammar.

Yeah well,

The first thing Deion said- on the field (after winning the game) was Good Gosh is great.  Outside the Religious/Religion aspect, that means Sanders believes in something bigger than himself.

How do you think he put together a team (that hardly knows each other) that maintained their poise against a team that had the most poise all of 2022?

His son by the way, threw for 500 yards against a team in a conference that throws it as much as the PAC12.  His son deserves plenty of credit.  The Buffs traded leads with TCU, and won it on the road.

Damn near every D1 coach silently-and some quite vocally- called Sanders out.  For his style.  For daring to clean out losers on his team.

Those coaches deserved a crow dinner.  Now they really know they'll have to coach against him instead of rely on talent.  Sanders revived a defunct program- in the face of many people that said he was all flash and no substance.

And lest you think he's a flash in the pan, he is now in direct competition with one Dan Lanning.  Shooting for kids that relate to him pretty well.  And don't think Deion isn't going to use that after Lanning dissed Colorado.  Lanning just put a bull's eye on our recruiting efforts.  

We better bury Colorado, or we're going to be ticked at more than his attitude.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mike, You are on it! If Colorado defeats the Ducks in Autzen, the Ducks will feel it everywhere, and the Sports Press will feed the flames and fire. We have beaten many programs for recruits, so noone will cry for us. But, we don't want to lose any recruits to the Buffs, and the State of Colorado always has two or three recruits every year that are special. Win the game, and not only sustain the invitations to the recruits home and family, but capture their imagination and respect!

What makes a great team? They know each other and their plays - they are a team. A great team doesn't whine or cry; they prepare for their opponent, and they learn to execute something situational that their opponent may not expect, and they develop resilience and a belief in team so when their opponent attempts to surprise them, they respond rather than react.

On that team, every Coach, Asst/Analyst, and player are problem-solvers and work as a section, a unit, as a team. That team never quits, is always mentally, physically, and spiritually resilient. That team can enjoy the unexpected, and that's the team the Ducks want to bring to the competition with Colorado. The number one goal is to win, and then to do it in a first class and professional manner. Defeat the Buffs, and do it good!

VR,

KCDuck1

Until they lose, they are the media darling. Most love an underdog.

The worst thing that can happen,  would be for CU to continue winning. 

Maybe, just maybe, in spite of his MASSIVE ego, Dion is a good coach.

(I know he was a great player, but coach?!)

If so, there will be no living with CU media coverage. 

If the Ducks don't stomp CU, and I believe they will, then I hope CU wins the natty and Shadeur wins the Heisman. 

Otherwise, Oregon wins the Pac-12, goes to playoff, and Bo goes to New York.

That's my hope.