Log Haulin

Can Ducks Feast on Hawaii Aggressive Pass Attack?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Hawaii is going to pass the ball early and often. Oregon’s secondary is going to need to...

Hawaii loves to throw the ball. Super aggressive in the pass game with 20-30% deep.

I think this will be a great game to sharpen both defefensive backs and front 7. Both units will have plenty of opportunity to showcase their skills.

Lanning and Lupoi will be able to run a ton of scheme and get the defense much needed reps as they deploy much more of the defensive playbook.

This is better competition than PSU by far. They should also have some breathing room they didn't have v. TT. This should be a great "coach'em up" opportunity for Lanning and his staff.

• Applause 1

That may be the only beneficial practice coming out of the Hawaii game; for the secondary to learn not to panic with the deep ball. Catch up, turn around and you'll be fine.

Hopefully their DL stems a lot so our OL can get comfortable with it, but I don't know if they do.

Edited by Solar

Guessing there has been lots of work on handling 'stemming' in practice thus far this week.

On 9/13/2023 at 12:35 PM, Solar said:

Hopefully their DL stems a lot so our OL can get comfortable with it, but I don't know if they do.

Josh Conerly, Jr., who had 3 false starts, said it wasn’t the DL stems that caused the penalties but to being too anxious. He calmed down and cleaned it up in the second half. I’m sure he’ll be fine. He is a great OT. 

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Oregon committed 4 false starts, 3 by left tackle Josh Conerly Jr. and 1 by center Jackson...

I agree that this is the perfect “get-right” game for the defense, especially the secondary.

Mr. FishDuck