Jon Joseph

College Football (CFB) Week 3 - Place Your Bets (?)

A slow week in CFB before next week's Big Game. Oregon State in Pullman to play Washington State for the Pac-2 Conference Championship! In the name of Mike Leach (RIP) who knew? (It is rumored that Larry The Legend Scott will be on hand to present the coveted Left Behind Trophy.)

This Saturday provides the perfect weekend to attend the friend who was silly enough to decide to get married in the Fall's wedding. 

To pull a TGIF all-nighter and then recover with a Saturday siesta.

To visit me in the Sigmund Freud Home for Wayward Gamblers in Aiken, South Carolina.

OK, I'm not yet ready for Siggy, but at the close of last Saturday, I was coming close to checking in. 

2-4 last week is No Fine! And it took a last-minute effort from friends Brandan Dorlus and Jeffery Bassa to keep me from a 0-6 whitewash. Dyer's knee was down! Thankfully, Jeff did not take a knee. 

At 6 - 7 for the season to date, may I humbly suggest that you consider the following as being For Entertainment Purposes only? As for me, with help getting back into the saddle, I'm climbing back on the hoss that threw me.

21. Duke -18.5 versus Northwestern. Northwestern might as well be No Western in this season's Power 5. Mike Elko formerly A+M 's DC, Mario (he found the O last week) is happy Mike left, is, to date, 11-4 since arriving in basketball country. If this guy isn't high on Michigan's State next HC list, he should be.

To date, Duke QB Riley Leonard has outplayed the more highly touted and highly hated in Durham, UNC QB, Drake Maye.

3:30 Eastern - ACC Network

20. North Carolina -6 (line now at -7.5) versus Minnesota. Minnesota is undefeated but has yet to play a team with a functional offense.

I believe that UNC will be more than ready to make a B1G impression here in support of the "ineligible" WR Tez Walker and in support of coach Mack Brown calling out the 'we have our student-athletes best interest at heart,' NCAA. 

Man, I would love to see UNC tell the NCAA to take a walk and play Walker anyway. Something has to be done to get the NCAA away from regulating P5 (4) and G5 football. 

3:30 Eastern - ESPN

13. OREGON -36 versus Hawaii - GULP! This is a huge line. But a struggling Hawaii team that lost to Stanford in Honolulu and will be without its leading tackler is a perfect opponent for a 'get right' game and not a 'trap game' before Prime and Sons bring the Boulder traveling circus to Eugene. 

8 Eastern - Pac-12 Network

18. Colorado -20.5 (line now at -23.5) versus Colorado State.

Game Day Comin'! B1G Noon guys Comin'! Plus, there is 'gutsy,' and then there is this:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/colorado-state-coach-calls-out-deion-sanders-before-rivalry-matchup

10 Eastern - ESPN

Never bet more than you can afford; especially, when the wagers are suggested by a broken-down golf bum living in USC(E) country.

• Applause 1

Hey Jon, did ya forget he Dawgs and Chickens in Sanford?

• Yikes! 1

On 9/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, Jon Joseph said:

OREGON -36 versus Hawaii - GULP! This is a huge line. But a struggling Hawaii team that lost to Stanford in Honolulu and will be without its leading tackler is a perfect opponent for a 'get right' game and not a 'trap game' before Prime and Sons bring the Boulder traveling circus to Eugene. 

18. Colorado -20.5 (line now at -23.5) versus Colorado State.

Yep, the 36 points is too big, but East Bay Quack got his prediction in before I could react.

-20.5 is too low - Deion has this team believing they have to lay the lumber on everyone they play and will not be content with a 20 point win.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pac-12 Betting Guide: Moneyline and spread picks for Week 3 of college football

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Pac-12 Betting Guide: Moneyline and spread picks for Week 3 of college football

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2023 at 1:11 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

Hey Jon, did ya forget he Dawgs and Chickens in Sanford?

I did not forget that UGA plays a Varsity game this Saturday. And I was tempted to take UGA to cover the big spread. I think UGA will do so and that Rattler will be running for his life but strange things have occassionally happened when the Dawgs play USC(e.)

I am very happy that UGA will finally be able to show its worth on the way to a potential 3-peat.

GO DAWGS!

• Applause 1

Dawgs have lots of offensive skill players (e.g., McConkey, Bowers, Kendall Milton Dajon Edwards) seriously slowed for this one. Others are really going to step up for the Dawgs to cover on this one.