spartan2785

Bama in Trouble This Year?

They sure don't look like they have a QB, probably the worst Bama team I've seen since Saban has been there.  Never thought I would see them struggle like this against a team that was 2-10 last year in the AAC.

Looks like the PAC 12 and the SEC switched their MO this year. PAC is dominating the out of conference games schedule and SEC is making it look hard. Georgia didn't look good either.

Their inability to score will prevent them from winning against teams with good offenses, I don't care how good their defense is. This is 2023.

They should lose to LSU. They would lose to the top half of the PAC12 for that matter.

Is Texas really back? I remember that year they beat ND week one and it turned out both teams were trash.

Lane might finally get a win against his “daddy” this year.

But yet they're still projecting to keep Alabama at the No. 10 spot in their projection.  Does not surprise me any.

Tomorrow's Top 25 Today: Washington impresses, Tennessee gets Swamp'd ahead of new college football rankings

Projecting the new AP Top 25 college football rankings after Week 3 of the 2023 season

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Projecting the new AP Top 25 college football rankings after Week 3 of the 2023 season

Still too early to be writing Saban's team off but they sure don't look like they have the same ferocity and swagger they usually have.  THIS is how much difference having a good QB (or not) can affect an entire team.  I'll wager Alabama will be mining the transfer portal for someone soon.  And I can imagine there are plenty of dissatisfied QB's out there in the CFB who'd love to be the one Nick picks.  

I also think Milroe is the best guy, not Buchner, they have right now.  He might prove out yet.

For the first time in my life I actually felt sorry for Bama. Wuts wrong with me???? Bama looked like the Oregon St of old.

I expect Bama to improve as the season wears on but they have problems other than in the QB room. Former Tide QB Greg McElroy ( a stand up analyst IMHO) has said as much and is more than concerned about the Tide's season, possibly foreseeing multiple hiccups. Speculation is rampant to the effect that Saban will choose to hang it up after the season and that Alabama goes after "Pirme" as head coach.

I am not buying either speculation Nick Saban has always been a uber-competitive guy, and I don't see him bowing out with his tail between his legs. I always had thought that he wanted one more natty and then he'd retire. That path will not be easy in the foreseeable future however.  I also fail to see, in the event of a Saban retirement, that a proud program like Alabama would hire a second-year coach whose charges may get their butts kicked multiple times  in the Pac-12 this year. Ain't gunna happen!