PittDuck

Big Play Scepter?

Has anybody gotten photographs of the first two Big Play Scepter?  Saw the shoe designed by MM8 last night and it was awesome!

Having the shoe dated for the week and signed by the Big Playmakers and auctioned off to charity is a GREAT idea, and one I hope gets legs!

A listing showing each shoe, the shoe designer, and the signing playmakers for each week would be cool to see.

• Thumbs Up 1

For those not familiar with it:

“Hill said the criteria for big plays are touchdowns of 40-plus yards on offense, takeaways on defense and a special teams touchdown or blocked kick. Players who make those plays sign the custom shoe and celebrate with the scepter.

“Each game somebody close to the program is going to design a shoe,” Hill said. “You get to sign the shoe and then you get your moment with your team holding up the scepter. Then after the season, we auction and give it to charity.”

Here is pic of shoe from Hawaii game. I know I had seen a pic of shoe from Portland State Game, but can't find it.

11982583.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks PD!  That was the one I saw on the replay is the game.  Really has me (and the bride) wondering what the others looked like!

Perhaps there will be an article at the end of the season with names and photographs.

On 9/17/2023 at 3:35 PM, PittDuck said:

Has anybody gotten photographs of the first two Big Play Scepter?  Saw the shoe designed by MM8 last night and it was awesome!

Frankly, I think it's a bit weird.  I like the "idea" of it, and the uses it will be applied for, but the Duck head impaled on it half-way down and the shoe perched atop the 'scepter'?  Gads, I hope they can come up with something better next year.  Good Idea - Bad Design.  Imo.

On 9/18/2023 at 9:33 AM, Mic said:

Frankly, I think it's a bit weird.  I like the "idea" of it, and the uses it will be applied for, but the Duck head impaled on it half-way down and the shoe perched atop the 'scepter'?  Gads, I hope they can come up with something better next year.  Good Idea - Bad Design.  Imo.

I never thought I'd say it...."I agree with Mic on this one."

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck