GatOrlando

Lee Corso Just Netted His 400th Headgear Pick.

College GameDay will be broadcasting from South Bend this Saturday. A top ten matchup of the Buckeyes and Irish.  If the Ducks and Trojans continue winning , there is a great chance Lee will be back in Eugene on November 11th.

Below is an article on the 88 year old Corso, who started the headgear tradition back in 1996 with Brutus the Buckeye. A team he has picked the most with 39 times. Alabama is second with 36. He has a career 606.00 winning percentage, and just picked his 400th game this past Saturday. I think some of his most iconic moments have been with Puddles. 

WWW.ESPN.COM

This weekend marks Lee Corso's 400th headgear pick on "College...

• Thumbs Up 1

I certainly get GameDay going with ND & OSU. 

But the better storyline is 2,000 miles west with the Buffs & Oregon. And I bet the ratings will be higher for our game too.  

On 9/20/2023 at 8:23 AM, Desert Duck said:

I certainly get GameDay going with ND & OSU. 

But the better storyline is 2,000 miles west with the Buffs & Oregon. And I bet the ratings will be higher for our game too.  

Very likely CGD might have come out to Eugene had they not been in Boulder last week.  Regarding ND & OSU, I gotta grit the ol teeth and pull for the Irish - about the only time, except sometimes when they play the Trojans.  U might be right about the ratings, tho. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/20/2023 at 8:43 AM, Mic said:

Very likely CGD might have come out to Eugene had they not been in Boulder last week.  Regarding ND & OSU, I gotta grit the ol teeth and pull for the Irish - about the only time, except sometimes when they play the Trojans.  U might be right about the ratings, tho. 

9.3 million people were watching a Mountain West team after midnight last weekend. There's no precedent.

I expect Colorado vs. Oregon to darn near break regular season game viewership records. Should be roughly 15 million viewers. For that reason alone this is the most important game of the year for Oregon as a program.

On 9/20/2023 at 11:28 AM, Solar said:

I expect Colorado vs. Oregon to darn near break regular season game viewership records. Should be roughly 15 million viewers. 

Except for one small detail: the shades 😎.  Remember how viral that whole thing between the two coaches went last week.  This week it's an entirely different scenario with both coaches expressing mutual respect.  But I expect you're right at least about the ratings being even higher. Better time slot and the interest in Oregon.  15 million might be a tough call, tho.  We'll see! 

Edited by Mic

This is the week we find out if Colorado is legit. Even a loss wouldn't discredit them, barring it being a blowout. I expect good numbers. It will be interesting to see what the numbers look like in comparison to Notre Dame-Ohio State. Two of the richest programs in the sport, with nationwide interest.

Does Colorado traditionally travel well? Maybe that question would be easier to answer from a Big 12 fan. Colorado hasn't been great in their PAC tenure.

I think it will be good audiences numbers--in the first half.  Advertisers in the second half may be pretty disappointed...

Mr. FishDuck