Steven A

Big Recruiting Weekend

What a weekend for any recruits to come to town!  This could be one of the (if not THE) most watched matchup of the weekend, certainly of the time slot it's in.  I hope the Ducks do something really special.

This would be a great time for OBD to blow the doors off their opponent.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think most of the country has it wrong about strength of Colorado. They are far better than they were last season but in my hunble opinion, they are not top 25.

But this game will be about perceptions. And the higher the perception of CU, the better for the Ducks. So I am good with it.

If Oregon wins by 3 or 30, how the rest of the country views Oregon rises imo. Its only if Oregon loses (not happening) do the Ducks get hurt.

That makes this game very valuable for bringing in future recruits. What a great opportunity for Lanning and the Ducks to solidify themselves in the minds of recruits.

Go Ducks

I expect a huge blowout.  

The Ducks know CU brings all the hype and a lot of eye balls.

This is our Prime time (sorry coach) to shine for a national audience. 

• Like 1

I don’t expect a blowout at all. I’ve seen what a team with an OK defense and great QB with a pedestrian OL can do to higher ranked teams. There were quite a few games Oregon had no business winning if not for Vernon Adams. In fact, the Buffs remind me a lot of that 2015 Ducks team. Lots of dynamic players but not great in the trenches.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/20/2023 at 4:31 PM, Log Haulin said:

I think most of the country has it wrong about strength of Colorado. They are far better than they were last season but in my hunble opinion, they are not top 25.

But this game will be about perceptions. And the higher the perception of CU, the better for the Ducks. So I am good with it.

If Oregon wins by 3 or 30, how the rest of the country views Oregon rises imo. Its only if Oregon loses (not happening) do the Ducks get hurt.

That makes this game very valuable for bringing in future recruits. What a great opportunity for Lanning and the Ducks to solidify themselves in the minds of recruits.

Go Ducks

Same here. The only things Colorado has proved are they can beat a team in transition (TCU), a historically bad team (Nebraska), and a low tier G5 team (CSU). 

They don't have the depth of talent to beat Oregon, USC, UW, Utah, or even OSU.

I do think they will beat Stanford, Cal, and ASU to finish .500 and qualify for a bowl game. That in itself is a good accomplishment considering last season.

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 6:21 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I don’t expect a blowout at all. I’ve seen what a team with an OK defense and great QB with a pedestrian OL can do to higher ranked teams. There were quite a few games Oregon had no business winning if not for Vernon Adams. In fact, the Buffs remind me a lot of that 2015 Ducks team. Lots of dynamic players but not great in the trenches.

Great point, they do have that feeling of being scrappy and Sanders is that kind of QB that wills pas to happen. Although Adams was much better at throwing on the run, he could throw a perfect 35 yard lob while backpedaling.

Never underestimate your opponent. That being said the Ducks have the ability to put this team away early and just keep rolling to the end. If they don't it will be because of penalties and just dumb mistakes.

• Applause 1

From a recruiting perspective, the comparative play between Oregon and USC playing Colorado back to back weeks could be a thing too.

I'm a little worried that Colorado plays better on the road than at home due to their underdog mentality, but we'll see. The differentiator between Oregon and USC will still likely come down to which team's defense improves the most against the pass.

Edited by Solar
  • Thumbs Up 1

giphy-downsized-large.gif

We'll see about that... I'm hoping it's TRUE!

Edited by woundedknees

Oregon Football Recruiting Visitor List vs. No. 19 Colorado Buffaloes

oregon-opens-pac-12-play-vs-colorado-202

Dan Lanning and the Oregon coaching staff are bringing in another elite group of talent for this weekend's game against Colorado.

Oregon plays Colorado this weekend and while there's plenty of buzz around the game itself, there's also a big story happening off the field.

The Ducks will host another strong group of recruiting visitors for this weekend's game across the 2024, 2025 and 2026 recruiting classes.

To access the recruiting visitor list, click here.

On 9/20/2023 at 4:31 PM, Log Haulin said:

That's a great way to look at it.  Not having seen Colorado play yet (just highlights) I can only report what others have said and feel about the Buffs playing above their level and the hype being above their actual ability.  But if that translates to a bigger win for Oregon, so much the better!

• Thumbs Up 1

Lanning actually said it!  

I didn't think he had (tho someone on the board mentioned it earlier) but in the above video Coach Lanning actually said (tongue-in-cheek?) about the Nike Thermal Cleats: "What I like about them is when the guys wear 'em at practice I can tell if they're practicing hard, right?  If their cleats aren't turning colors we've got a problem."  1:52 - 2:02 mark.  He sounded serious!  Do you think Phil Knight & Nike had that in mind? LOL

Gotta love Coach Lanning.

Edited by Mic
  • Applause 1