N8rDuck

How to Give Buffs and Trojans Heartburn!

image.thumb.png.d8574d5f74d6f37e3fe4ffb4bca93901.png

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 4
  • Mic drop 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, it got even closer (48-41) but all I'm hearing about is Caleb's 6 TD's and his Heisman stock rising.  

It comes down to a difference in coaching philosophy.  Do you feed your QB to bump his stats or do you distribute the ball to more players to make the team better?  Lincoln Riley is pursuing another Heisman for Williams.  Lanning is pursuing a Pac-12 Conference title and if it takes 4-6 players sharing in the scoring, all the better.

GO DUC

Edited by Mic
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I always chuckle when I see this marketing campaign. How much fun is it to see Bodacious on sports web page banners all season long. It gets Bo Nix, and Oregon Duck football recognized.

How many football fans outside of Oregon will tune in to Duck football to see what the BoDacious hype is all about.

Brilliant. 

Btw…Nix is a stud QB that represents the Ducks and ad campaign so very well. I wish him a great career going forward. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 1:38 PM, Mic said:

all I'm hearing about is Caleb's 6 TD's and his Heisman stock rising.... 

Do you feed your QB to bump his stats or do you distribute the ball to more players to make the team better?

Let's be honest here... Williams may likely be one of those rare, unicorn like, generational guys. 

And they didn't feed him to bump his stats today. He was in there until the end of the game because CU just would not "go away gentle into that good night."

SC, unlike Oregon last week, needed Williams in there until the very end... which speaks very well for Oregon. 

And I'd suggest that our own coach, who put on a "Bo-Dacious" tee-shirt for a post game interview, is promoting Bo as much Riley is promoting Williams. And IMHO, there's not a thing wrong with that. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2023 at 2:40 PM, Desert Duck said:

Let's be honest here... Williams may likely be one of those rare, unicorn like, generational guys. 

We'll see how well this unicorn does when he plays ND, Utah and Oregon.  Yeah, he's good.  But this conference this loaded with good QB's.  I wouldn't trade him for Bo Nix for anything.  For me, this season isn't about who wins the Heisman.  

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:21 AM, Mic said:

We'll see how well this unicorn does when he plays ND, Utah and Oregon.  Yeah, he's good.  But this conference this loaded with good QB's.  I wouldn't trade him for Bo Nix for anything.  For me, this season isn't about who wins the Heisman.  

For the record, I can't stand Williams as much as the next guy, but I can still state the truth and data driven facts -- which is that he is wayyy beyond just "good." 

This does not in any remote way detract from the fact that Bo is also arguably one of the Top-3 QBs in all of NCAA football this season. And this season we just happen to be talking about one of the best classes of QBs in college football history. Not to mention that Bo is an exceptional person as evidenced by the life he leads. 

And I don't know anyone who would put the Heisman over team wins... including Riley. 

With that being said, this Duck team is very-very special and may just have the ability to do something none of us have ever seen an Oregon team do. 

GO DUCKS!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1