Jon Joseph

Pac-4 2024 Football Schedules

The Athletic's Scott Dochterman who covers the B1G recently confirmed his 8/6/23 take on what Oregon, UCLA, USC, and UW's, (Pac-4) schedules will look like in 2024. I have added in the 2024 non-conference (OOC) games for the Pac-4. Opponents are listed alphabetically and not by scheduled play dates. 

Not confirmed yet but in 2024 the B1G is expected to drop Divisions in favor of a Permanent Opponent(s) Flex schedule.

I agree with Scott that the Pac-4 will be permanent opponents of one another. This makes geographic sense for the Pac-4 and by playing one another an additional B1G team will not have to trip to the West Coast.

OREGON - Because of the trip to Hawaii, the Ducks will play 4 OOC games in 2024. And the Ducks get the 5 B1G home game draw in the initial season in the B1G.

OOC - At Hawaii, Idaho (having a very good 2023 season in the FCS,) Texas Tech, Boise State

3 OOC home games plus Ohio State (YES!,) Maryland, Minnesota, UCLA, and UW. An SEC-like 8 home games.

Away - At Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Nebraska, USC

UCLA - OOC - At Hawaii (but not adding an additional game,) Fresno State, at LSU. Interesting that both LA schools play LSU in 2024. And both LA schools play Michigan.

Home - Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, USC, UW

Away - Iowa, OREGON, Michigan, Rutgers

USC - OOC - LSU (Las Vegas,) Utah State, Notre Dame

Home - Illinois, OREGON, Michigan, Wisconsin

Away - Northwestern, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA, UW

A lot of meat on this bone. The game is a tradition but will USC want to continue playing Notre Dame every year? 

Washington - OOC - Weber State, Eastern Michigan, (Replacement game for Ohio State)

Home - Iowa, Penn State, Purdue, USC

Away - Maryland, Michigan State, OREGON, UCLA, Wisconsin

I think that the Oregon/Washington game will be the concluding game every season.

This IMO, would be a terrific slate of B1G games for Oregon with the biggie of course being Ohio State in Autzen. And I think it is favorable with Oregon breaking in a new QB to have 4 OOC games before the start of the conference schedule and having 8 games in Autzen would be fantastic.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

JJ that uscsuck schedule is brutal. Who has LSU and ND on their OOC schedule.

Then Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, UW, Ucla and Oregon for conference games.

Should be any minute now that the Trojans hold a press conference blaming rhat Oregon did this to them and PK provided the cash.

GO Ducks......

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1

On 10/2/2023 at 2:15 PM, Jon Joseph said:

OREGON - Because of the trip to Hawaii, the Ducks will play 4 OOC games in 2024. And the Ducks get the 5 B1G home game draw in the initial season in the B1G.

OOC - At Hawaii, Idaho (having a very good 2023 season in the FCS,) Texas Tech, Boise State

3 OOC home games plus Ohio State (YES!,) Maryland, Minnesota, UCLA, and UW. An SEC-like 8 home games.

Away - At Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Nebraska, USC

That's a very favorable schedule for the Ducks, imo.  Extremely favorable.  I hate to think of what happens in 2025!!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Ohio State and Penn State in the PNW, Michigan in California, and LSU in Vegas? A brave new world, I'm telling you.

It's almost like free transfer portal recruiting to bring teams out from the rust belt to see how beautiful the west coast is and that we aren't all fruits and nuts like their parents told them we are.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/2/2023 at 4:11 PM, Solar said:

It's almost like free transfer portal recruiting to bring teams out from the rust belt to see how beautiful the west coast is and that we aren't all fruits and nuts like their parents told them we are.

Wait... we're not all fruits and nuts?  Speak for yourself Solar!  😝

(might have something to do with the constant link to Animal House)  I wonder if some people think John's still on campus somewhere.

• Haha 1