Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charles Fischer

Ducks Drop in AP Poll to No. 9, Coaches Poll to No. 10

Recommended Posts

Only one spot dropped on a bye week after a loss.  ASU is the only other Pac-12 team at No. 18...in the AP poll. Alabama at No. 5!?

 

The Coaches poll has ASU at No. 22 and boy the Pac-12 has only two teams in either poll?

 

How do I feel about Oregon even being ranked right now?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the games to be played in October, today's AP ranking will look quite a bit difference than the 1st PO Committee Poll on 11/2.

 

Even if Cincy runs the table up to 11/2 it will not be ranked #3 by the Committee.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Riddle me this. We beat Ohio State handily on their field and they are ranked higher than we are????

 

They don't have a single victory over a ranked team. 

 

WTF???

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking the same thing.  Not sure the polls justification ranking Ohio St. that high?

Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is they figure the Ducks will lose a couple more games and they're hedging their rankings on that. I think Ohio St will have fewer losses than Oregon will and so do they. Oregon's not looked like a top 10 team like Ohio St has. 

Edited by GODUCKS15
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 3:21 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

My guess is they figure the Ducks will lose a couple more games and they're hedging their rankings on that. I think Ohio St will have fewer losses than Oregon will and so do they. Oregon's not looked like a top 10 team like Ohio St has. 

 

Yeah, I agree. 4 out of our 5 games we haven't looked worthy of being ranked in the top 25 let alone the top 10. However, the fact that we man handled tOSU on their home field says to me that there is no way Ohio State should ever be ranked above us when we have the same record.

Edited by C J
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio St had scheme problems when they played Oregon - and they made adjustments. 

 

Oregon keeps getting worse each week after that historic win in Columbus.  And the injuries keep piling up. Bennet Williams getting lost for the season on a Friday practice --  IS BAD COACHING. 

 

The blueprint is out on how to beat Oregon - throw for several hundred yards of offense on them and don't throw the ball away for interceptions. 

On defense, load the box and stop the run and stop the short passes to the sidelines.  Don't even worry about deep throws. 

 

Unless Oregon changes this paradigm, the remaining teams will play Oregon tough and by the law of averages, Oregon might lose another game or two. 

 

So they really are rated higher than they should be, considering all this and that they have a QB who can't play pac12 football. 

 

EVERY team on the AP poll could beat the Ducks right now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 3:29 PM, C J said:

 

Yeah, I agree. 4 out of our 5 games we haven't looked worthy of being ranked in the top 25 let alone the top 10. However, the fact that we man handled tOSU on their home field says to me that there is no way Ohio State should ever be ranked above us when we have the same record.

Well maybe Ohio St got their stuff together. Looks like the Ducks are back sliding. Is Ohio St better now than when they played the Ducks. The Ducks are clearly worse now. Teams change and get hot or cold. Lets hope Oregon didn't peak during the Ohio St game. 

I would add that if they played now, Oregon would lose.

Edited by GODUCKS15
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, oregon112 said:

Ohio St had scheme problems when they played Oregon - and they made adjustments. 

 

Oregon keeps getting worse each week after that historic win in Columbus.  And the injuries keep piling up. Bennet Williams getting lost for the season on a Friday practice --  IS BAD COACHING. 

 

The blueprint is out on how to beat Oregon - throw for several hundred yards of offense on them and don't throw the ball away for interceptions. 

On defense, load the box and stop the run and stop the short passes to the sidelines.  Don't even worry about deep throws. 

 

Unless Oregon changes this paradigm, the remaining teams will play Oregon tough and by the law of averages, Oregon might lose another game or two. 

 

So they really are rated higher than they should be, considering all this and that they have a QB who can't play pac12 football. 

 

EVERY team on the AP poll could beat the Ducks right now.  

 

Great take on Ohio State. Post-Oregon, Day demoted his DC. stopped playing with a deep, deep safety, blitzed far more often and changed the starting personnel on D.

 

On O he gave his true frosh stud RB far more touches.

 

In other words, Ryan Day responded like a capable, successful, head coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...
Top