FishDuck Article

Oregon’s Recruiting Record: Lanning Has a Shot…

Just over two years ago–Oregon signed the highest ranked recruiting class ever in the history of Duck football. We have all heard about the great class for 2024 that head coach Dan Lanning is assembling for signing in December and this February, and now there are rumblings of how it could expand and become better? Perhaps even good enough to ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Just over two years ago–Oregon signed the highest ranked recruiting class ever in the history of Duck football. We have all heard about the great class for…
  • Go Ducks! 2
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Great post! 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

The Ducks should be ready to roll entering the B1G. Between the past couple recruiting cycles and the TP,  Oregon is stacked with talent. 

Oregon has a lot of this years impact players moving on for various reasons. But there is a chest full of riches right behind them ready to fill the void.

It's funny, my Google home page is loaded with Fusky article due to reading a bunch leading up to Husky game. It's super annoying for sure.

I keep seeing articles that headline great recruiting bump after fusky win v. Ducks. I click and it's some three star fusky might sign if they can out recruit St Barts School of the Blind. Lol.

Ducks are beating out Blue Blood programs for Blue Blood recruits. I doubt that changes as long as Lanning is lead Duck.

A couple years of foundational recruiting and the flood gates open. The  B1G Ducks future looks incredibly bright .

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Thank you, Charles, for this great update.

What really impresses me prior to these young men deciding where to play their college ball is the number of highly rated recruits that DL has considering Oregon. 

You'll never catch all of the big fish but with that number of lines in the water, you will catch plenty of big ones. 

As Log Hauling notes, Oregon has a roster ready to do battle in the B1G from the very start. The only B1G program likely to consistently out-recruit Oregon is Ohio State. Based on on-field results, even this could change.

The Ducks will not be receiving a gentle B1G baptism. Puddles will not be ducked in a font but instead, will be thrown into a B1G river. 

2024 sees the current #3 Ohio State visiting Eugene. A visit to current #2 Michigan. A trip to Wisconsin's Camp Randall. And games vs. ranked UCLA and UW.

Thanks again, Charles.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

Oregon recruiting is at a crucial part of the year. They have one of the best classes in the country for the 2024 cycle, but they want to take it up a notch.  There's a lot of guys they've recruited really...

With all that I discussed, I never did give a prediction…

Coach Lanning WILL break the recruiting record with the 2024 class!

• Salute 1
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

One under looked fact is one of the most important Duck recruiters . . . Bo.

Without Bo, we might have been a 7 - 6 team last year.  Without him we lose to WSU & North Carolina, and possibly ucla.  Does a 7 - 6 team get the same results.

This year 4 -2 and out of CFP talk.  Add that in with a 7-6 '22 and maybe recruiting isn't on this same level.

Thanks Bo, for ALL you do.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/20/2023 at 1:30 PM, Steven A said:

One under looked fact is one of the most important Duck recruiters . . . Bo.

Without Bo, we might have been a 7 - 6 team last year.  Without him we lose to WSU & North Carolina, and possibly ucla.  Does a 7 - 6 team get the same results.

This year 4 -2 and out of CFP talk.  Add that in with a 7-6 '22 and maybe recruiting isn't on this same level.

Thanks Bo, for ALL you do.

But can't we say that about any team? If Fusky didn't have Mike... if USuC didn't have Caleb... if Utes had Cameron.

Bo played for Auburn, Oregon didn't have Bo and Lanning saved most of a class while working for the real Dawgs. Then we got Bo.

Bo Nix was recruited to Oregon through the TP. Thats an important part of the conversation. 

And we all know recruits recruit. Early QB commitments are important in that they start recruiting their peers as a verbal.

You make an excellent point Steven A. DL and his staff are the catalyst for signing great recruits which includes Bo Nix. Quality recruits snowball into more quality recruits snowball into...

Thanks SA. 

Edit:

"Man I'm trying to flip my boys Brandon Baker (Texas OL commit) and Nate Frazier (Georgia RB commit). Try to get them to come to the nest." Ayden Breland