RichardDuck

Another Thing to Worry About

Couldn't help but notice that in the ESPN playoff predictor, the odds of Oregon making it to CFP assuming they win out dropped from like 76% to 59% despite the win over WSU. This has to do with upsets elsewhere that didn't quite happen (mainly in Big-12), and the fact that our loss to UW looks worse now that the Huskies stunk it up one week later. Still, it is BS that our CFP odds went way down in one weekend BASED ON US WINNING OUT.

Considering the highly ranked teams we would have beaten, the only way that a one-loss Oregon legitimately misses the CFP is if there are four undefeated conference champs ahead of it.  No one-loss team will have faced our level of competition.

Will someone please tell me to quit worrying about ESPN computers?

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles

Quit worrying about the computers.  I really wouldn't worry about it, if we're 11-1 about to play UW for the Pac-12 title, and the computers say we still only have a 50% shot at getting in with a win, then I might start to sweat a little, but really these things usually work themselves out.  

We rarely get this kind of opportunity as an Oregon fan, so I think your concerns are justified.  It is amazing that what was a shoo-in a week ago can change so quickly.

Mr. FishDuck

If Oregon wins out and remains one of the top offenses in the nation, the financial incentive to have Oregon in the playoffs will be pretty high. The ratings show Oregon is a huge draw.

In the end all the Ducks can do is take care of business and improve. We don't want to just get into the playoffs!

We have a Heisman, but need this one in the trophy case.

Unknown.jpeg

As always, check your source. The flagship media company for the SEC will probably grab any opening to downgrade the value of west coast contenders, which can only enhance their primary investment teams’ chances at the brass ring.

When has a one loss Pac 12 not made it in?  Hasn't happened.

Worry about Utah if you want to worry.