GatOrlando

Michigan Guilty or Framed?

Harbaugh Guilty or Framed?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Michigan in Trouble?

• Heck Yeah!! Hairball is NFL Bound
    • Nah, This is a Conspiracy!! Michigan Just Got Really Good The last Two Years.
    • Makes No Difference. Now It's Known, Advantage Nullified.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2023 at 07:55 AM

I know it's a huge week for you guys this week. But the major story surrounding the sport is a potential game changer. Especially for Oregon, as it effects one of the two heaviest in your new conference. If things go sideways, that heavy could be forced to trim weight and go to welterweight.

I found this story to be silly at first, but now it's become something far more serious. Harbaugh could be gone. Michigan could be sanctioned, and have wins, scholarships, and future playoff appearances taken away. Pretty steep decline for what seems like the best team in the land this year. USC will likely push for them to be punished. Ohio State surely will, and Penn State will as well. All those teams were severely punished for off field issues that didn't include possible espionage. 

Throw in Georgia, Tennessee, TCU, and you have a lot of powerful entities looking to fry Big Blue. Did Michigan really get that much better in two years? Their recruiting really hasn't surpassed Ohio State. Did Jim just become that much better? If the answer is no, well this isn't going to end well for Michigan. Especially heading into next year.

The analogy here is like an NFL player that makes the pro bowl, gets caught taking roids, has to stop and is out of the league in two years 'cause he isn't good enough without them.

We'll see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stealing signs definitely provides an advantage. Video taping future opponents sidelines during games apparently is frowned upon.

Getting caught red handed by your rivals. 

Priceless. 

Can someone please explain why it's against the rules to steel an opponent's signals?

I understand why it might be considered unsportsmanlike but unless they were paying someone who is deemed to be an extra coach on staff up and beyond the NCAA limit, I don't understand the NCAA rules that Michigan broke.  Of course if the person is hacking into computers then that would be against the law, and thus the FBI involvement.  However, that person could have been doing that without the knowledge of Harbaugh or Michigan.

Isn't it up to teams to better disguise and change their signals?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:37 AM, OregonDucks said:

Can someone please explain why it's against the rules to steel an opponent's signals?

I understand why it might be considered unsportsmanlike but unless they were paying someone who is deemed to be an extra coach on staff up and beyond the NCAA limit, I don't understand the NCAA rules that Michigan broke.  Of course if the person is hacking into computers then that would be against the law, and thus the FBI involvement.  However, that person could have been doing that without the knowledge of Harbaugh or Michigan.

Isn't it up to teams to better disguise and change their signals?

It's legal to steal signs in certain ways and illegal in others. As you'd imagine, the most effective ways are illegal, which is the way Michigan was doing it. 

Connor Stalions Accused of Wearing Disguise, Sneaking Onto Opponent's Sideline

A new wrinkle has been added to the Michigan sign-stealing scandal.

Connor Stalions, the suspended staffer who's found himself at the center of the controversy, is now being accused of wearing a disguise to sneak onto an opponent's sideline.

Stalions apparently disguised himself as a Central Michigan staffer to spy on the Chippewas, according to MGoBlog.

"Yes, this is Stalions. No, Michigan didn't know. No, CMU didn't know. Dude got a sideline pass, arrived in full CMU coaching gear, and snuck into the restricted area," MGoBlog wrote on X.

To access the interesting details of this article, click here.

Tickets for 35 opponents' games equal a lot of framing.

Harbaugh is the Sergeant Shultz of CFB.

• Thumbs Up 1

Both guilty and framed. I mean the NCAA hates Harbaugh. There are plenty of infractions they could go after, but they picked the ones Michigan did and went after them.

What are the odds Harbaugh goes to the NFL and Michigan tries to steal Lanning? Even if they try I'm doubtful DL would be persuaded at any price to go there 

Edited by Solar

On 10/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, Solar said:

DELETED

Edited by Solar

On 10/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, Solar said:

Both guilty and framed. I mean the NCAA hates Harbaugh. There are plenty of infractions they could go after, but they picked the ones Michigan did and went after them.

What are the odds Harbaugh goes to the NFL and Michigan tries to steal Lanning? Even if they try I'm doubtful DL would be persuaded at any price to go there 

Oregon isn't the blueblood program that Michigan is. But is that really a hindrance anymore. Oregon has facilities, big-time boosters, a good fan base, nil money, and a history of putting kids into the NFL. Oregon is now a B1G member(well next year). You guys lost your last two guys to Miami and FSU. It's a Florida thing with those guys. I can't really explain it, but there's a pride thing when you grow up in the state, or play for one of the big three programs there.

Lanning isn't a Michigan man right?  You aren't going to be relegated to Peach TV. Peacock sure, every program has to go on there once or twice. But you'll be on CBS, NBC, FOX, and sometimes the B1G Network. You've got your guy. Just watch out for guys that look suspicious claiming to be Oregon staffers. Many great fake mustaches are available today.