FishDuck Article

Ducks Destroy Underwhelming Utes

If you had told me, at any point, that the final score was going to be 35-6, I would have assumed that Bo Nix got hurt early in the game and the defense didn’t show up. I would not have believed that it was because the Ducks were just demonstrably better than Utah in every phase of the game, at every ...

FISHDUCK.COM

If you had told me, at any point, that the final score was going to be 35-6, I would have assumed that Bo Nix got hurt early in the game...
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Ryan you are so correct in your observation about the talent gap between the Ducks and Utes.......

Especially when all that talent improves weekly and then executes their individual assignments, thus playing as a unit.

The offense has been playing at the highest level all season. After the first 3 Duck scores, KW made adjustments that allowed the Utes D to slow the blow out.

However it did not matter.....

The talented, experienced D took the running game away and made the Utes one dimensional. The D dominated completely!

I am tempering my enthusiasm because the Ute QB is not Williams or Penix throwing to future NFL wide receivers. Not taking any kudos away from the D. I watched in absolute silence, stunned at the defensive performance.

The Utes QB and wideouts are not on the same talent level as uw and usc. Ryan you are correct that Rising would not have made any difference. Dorlus and company would have dominated just the same.

Do that the next 4 games and my only response will be WOW!

The Utes had the ball the last few minutes of the first half and first few minutes of the second half.  KW had to feel confident that they had stopped the Duck's offense on 2 drives in the first half.

So take the 2nd half kickoff and go down and score. The D gave them nothing, absolutely nothing. The Duck O's halftime adjustments worked and Bo and company scored easily. The game was over.....

KW knew it. Everytime the national TV cameras showed his face, KW looked dazed and confused. KW and staff had no answers.

The crowd was silent!

This Duck fan was in awe.......

Now comes the real challenge for the Ducks. No looking ahead to the Trojans. You didnt win the Natty in SLC. Dont take Cal lightly.

Great job Ducks. Cant wait to see how much each unit improves against Cal......

• Great post! 2

To be fair to Utah, they're missing a lot more than just Rising, they're missing their TEs who are crucial to their style of offense, their best RB, best LB, a few others as well, probably the most injury bit team in the Pac-12 this year.  I think Oregon still wins by 2 scores with all of them present since Oregon is just super impressive right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure the Utes are underwhelming or the Ducks are just becoming overwhelming. 

My vote is the Ducks are becoming more than formidable, and probably prodigious. All I know is this team's play is becoming staggering, at least to me.

I would say knock me down with a feather, but we all knew, deep down, this was coming, just maybe not this soon.

marx-brothers-groucho-marx.gif

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

The Utes are hamstrung with injury. After pondering some things said over the past several hours, I am not so sure the Ducks are who I think I see they are.  I am going to have to temper my jubilation and put more weight into some things that just might be factors in why the Utes were thrashed so convincingly.

I am a fan boy homer for sure. But someone much wiser than me once said "you are never as good as you think you are, and never as bad as you think you were". Or something to that effect. 

The season will play out so I guess we will find out who this team is in due time. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/29/2023 at 9:21 AM, Log Haulin said:

The Utes are hamstrung with injury. After pondering some things said over the past several hours, I am not so sure the Ducks are who I think I see they are.  I am going to have to temper my jubilation and put more weight into some things that just might be factors in why the Utes were thrashed so convincingly.

I am a fan boy homer for sure. But someone much wiser than me once said "you are never as good as you think you are, and never as bad as you think you were". Or something to that effect. 

The season will play out so I guess we will find out who this team is in due time. 

USC is the team you want to play right now to make yourself feel good about your offense, I think we got a bit lucky in that we got Utah maybe at a good time, they're a bit puffed up from beating the Trojans, they just lost their best LB.  We also got a good bit of film on Vaki so that wasn't a surprise at all.  In hindsight it feels like Utah expended the last of their bullets against USC, and didn't have much left against us.  Credit to us for preparing to expose the holes that were there though!

• Go Ducks! 1

Here is a narrative shift by espn from the disrespect CGD has shown Lanning and the Ducks.

WWW.ON3.COM

ESPN has updated its Football Power Index (FPI) Top 25 after a loaded Week 9 Saturday of...

Looks like espn is jumping on the band wagon. 

• Wow 1

On 10/29/2023 at 9:51 AM, Log Haulin said:

Here is a narrative shift by espn from the disrespect CGD has shown Lanning and the Ducks.

WWW.ON3.COM

ESPN has updated its Football Power Index (FPI) Top 25 after a loaded Week 9 Saturday of...

Looks like espn is jumping on the band wagon. 

Those FPI rankings are wildly different from the AP and Coaches poll. Interesting.