OregonDucks

Dan Lanning Speaks Out Against Gun Violence

Players informed the Oregon coaches that gun violence was an important issue to them and as a father of young children Dan Lanning decided to use his platform after the Utah game to say something about it without trying to get political. 

DL would like to see smart people take a common sense approach to finally do something about the gun violence in this country.  Address all of the issues, don't just focus on one.  Stop doing nothing and expecting different results.

As a father of young children, his statement really registered with me.  When we send our kids to school, we shouldn't have to worry about a mass shooting.

It's past time for action!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well said. Thanks coach.

• Great post! 1

I am not comfortable with this at all.  Be a football coach, and stay away from topics that could turn people (on both sides) against you.

This is like celebrities, or actors telling us how to vote.  If there are a lot of smart people out there Dan, then let the smart people figure it out.  There aren't because you tell them to...

Another rookie coach mistake, as I of all people have learned to STICK TO SPORTS and not let politics, or topics surrounded by politics ensnarl you.

Like taking the points...

giphy.gif

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Upon second thought....this discussion will not end well.  It cannot but help but get into the political realm because some will construe my post above as supporting one side or the other, when it is just my years of frustration dealing with politics becoming enmeshed with sports.

So I am locking the thread.  No politics on this board.

Thanks Dan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck