Charles Fischer

Coach Wilcox on Oregon: 'The Level of Speed, Size, and Explosiveness is Pretty Evident'

Thoughts on Oregon...

"They’re very talented teams, the level of speed and size and explosiveness is pretty evident. I said a couple years ago, we’re up here playing until the last play of the game. The last couple of years its looked different. We had a harder time so I have to do a better job with the team, continue to develop the players on the team and recruit talented guys that can help us contend. We were far away today, and it showed up..."

Mr. FishDuck Note: Remember under Cristobal...we lost at Cal when we should not have, and then when they came to Autzen--we played down to their level, and the game went to the final play, where we won.  (It was the game people booed Mario)

On Jaivian Thomas’ injury… 

“Very scary. He’s at the hospital undergoing tests. He’s alert, interacting with the doctors. He does have movement, feeling in his extremities which is good news, but there’s still a lot of testing that he needs to undergo, so we’re all praying for him.” 

Canzano: A twist -- Justin Wilcox turned down the Oregon Ducks -  oregonlive.com

• Applause 4

Mr. FishDuck

Someone in Berkeley needs to fix the Bear trap. 

UW prevailed in a basketball game. Hopefully, SC will be in the top 25 on Tuesday night. 

Stumbling, bumbling, turned into a humbling loss for Coach Wilcox. (Hope the young man was not seriously long-term injured.)

No let up. As Charles notes above, this team under this coach does not play down to the level of the opposition.

Think Utah was ticked off today about last week? Utes didn't dally in beating down Dilly.

Go Ducks, Beat SC!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 8:48 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Someone in Berkeley needs to fix the Bear trap. 

UW prevailed in a basketball game. Hopefully, SC will be in the top 25 on Tuesday night. 

Stumbling, bumbling, turned into a humbling loss for Coach Wilcox. (Hope the young man was not seriously long-term injured.)

No let up. As Charles notes above, this team under this coach does not play down to the level of the opposition.

Think Utah was ticked off today about last week? Utes didn't dally in beating down Dilly.

Go Ducks, Beat SC!

ASU was also forced to play a backup QB and some other backups. They didn't have greater starters and they had zero depth and had to dive into their bench and found... Nothing. 

As for Cal... The offense is actually pretty good. Their QB is going to be special. I think Cal has a better QB than Utah right now but Utah has the linemen and a bulkier defense. 

Cal's offensive line play was decent as well and Ott is certainly a good runningback. 

The ACC may be an easier conference for them to play and find success oddly enough. The travel is going to be awful but I think Cal is going to probably win a good few games in the ACC next year. 

I see Wilcox growing as a head coach but he isn't there.