Ktmguy2018

Delusional Musing From The Huskies!

I wandered over to uwdawgpound.com to see how things were going for the buttsniffers after Oregon completely destroyed a team that had given them fits.

I tell you what, there are some fans there who choose to live in a world devoid of logic and rationale thinking.

I can't tell if they are scared to face Oregon again or just full of bloated arrogance.  

One fan went so far as to say that if both UW and Oregon finish with one less to each other, that UW had a better look against common opponents....REALLY??  did they watch the same ASU games, or the same OSU games?

There is so much "Oregon stinks/sucks/is overrated" that I couldn't help but laugh.  One guy trying to be the voice of reason had to start his post with "I'm not a doom sayer, but this Oregon team is really good".

Venture over at your own risk.  It does demonstrate that there is a segment of the population in severe need of medication!

• Haha 2

Any rational Husky fan (if one exists) has to be extremely worried about playing a motivated Oregon in the conference championship game.  We have looked as good as any team in the country since that game in Seattle, whereas Washington has continued to scrape by.

That said, I'm nervous playing Washington.  They have had our number of the past 2 seasons.  Oregon is the better team, IMHO, but until we beat them on the field, nothing else matters.  Our defense needs to step up and Bo Nix and the offense needs to be sharp.  

• Applause 4

On 11/25/2023 at 10:01 AM, OregonDucks said:

Any rational Husky fan (if one exists) has to be extremely worried about playing a motivated Oregon in the conference championship game.  We have looked as good as any team in the country since that game in Seattle, whereas Washington has continued to scrape by.

That said, I'm nervous playing Washington.  They have had our number of the past 2 seasons.  Oregon is the better team, IMHO, but until we beat them on the field, nothing else matters.  Our defense needs to step up and Bo Nix and the offense needs to be sharp.  

I don't think they have had Oregon's number. As we all know we'll, DL just made some bad/over aggressive play calls during crucial moments the last 2 meetings which cost him those wins. Hopefully he's learned this time around and crushes those Fuskies' dreams next weekend.

• Like 1

The excuse making about why UW's and Oregon's performances were so completely opposite against OSU in consecutive weeks are head spinning, but the favorite seems to be that the weather was poor last week in Corvallis.

They have a point, though. How can anyone expect a team from Seattle to know how to play when it's raining?

• Mic drop 1

I have found it funny how Washington fan think they beat the Ducks by double digits when that was not the case. 

Yeah—the rain is why Martinez ran for 90 more yards on the Fuskies than he did against OBD.

• Mic drop 1

I will say this, we match up talent and schematically much better with the Beavers than the Huskies. I would say they are at opposite ends of the matchup spectrum.

That being said we should still win, but I am not expecting this to be a dominant win, just a close win.