Ktmguy2018

Jayden Daniels Wins The Heisman

Could NOT be more proud of Bo.  Wish he had won it, but there is nothing that diminishes what that man has done at Oregon.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bo is special! Sco Ducks

• Thumbs Up 1

To answer everyone's question....Penix was second and Bo was third.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/9/2023 at 6:12 PM, Charles Fischer said:

To answer everyone's question....Penix was second and Bo was third.

I can’t wait to see the voting analyzed.  Bo won the PAC-12 Offensive Player of the year but Penix finished ahead of him in Heisman voting? Something smells off…

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Bo lost the Heisman when UO lost the UW game.  He was the favorite up until that game.

On 12/9/2023 at 6:53 PM, OregonDucks said:

I can’t wait to see the voting analyzed.  Bo won the PAC-12 Offensive Player of the year but Penix finished ahead of him in Heisman voting? Something smells off…

Not really, it's simply a different batch of voters.  Penix outplayed him in two games, it's not hard to see how voters could vote him ahead of Bo, I would probably have done the same, I think a lot of Penix' troubles earlier were caused by him playing injured.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/9/2023 at 7:03 PM, Duckdude said:

Bo lost the Heisman when UO lost the UW game.  He was the favorite up until that game.

Not sure about that Daniels won big, even over Penix.

I concur.  I don't think Nix was REALLY in the lead, even with the Pac12 championship result there is simply too much spread between Daniels and Nix in the final vote.  Maybe that was thrown into the rumor mill to try to draw money into the betting pool.

I think it is always going to be difficult for a NW player to win.  Daniels is within one time zone of 5 of the 6 voter regions.  The way that is set up, it favors candidates east of the Mississippi River.

Penix joins a list of some noteworthy second place results from the West:

Second place from the West

1974 – Anthony Davis

1975 – Chuck Muncie

1976 – Ricky Bell

1982 – John Elway

1983 – Steve Young

1988 – Rodney Peete

1992 – Marshall Faulk

2009 – Toby Gerhart

2010 – Andrew Luck

2011 – Andrew Luck

2015 – Christian McCaffrey

2017 – Bryce Love

2023 – Michael Penix Jr

The way this is set up now, I doubt winners like Ty Detmer or Terry Baker could win a vote today without "USC" next to their names.

You can't say Nix took away votes from Penix because a lot of Nix votes would have gone to Daniels in a 2-man race.

Book, hisses, don't like the results. 

Bo is the real winner in my book.

Winning the Campbell Trophy implies Bo's future career choices will not limited by 120 yds of grass/turf.  The two guys who had more Heisman votes were not eligible finalists for that one.

On 12/9/2023 at 8:10 PM, spartan2785 said:

Not really, it's simply a different batch of voters.  Penix outplayed him in two games, it's not hard to see how voters could vote him ahead of Bo, I would probably have done the same, I think a lot of Penix' troubles earlier were caused by him playing injured.  

The Heisman should not be determined by 2 games.

Bo Nix had the better SEASON statistically than Penix and won the PAC-12 Offensive Player of the Year and was named 1st team PAC-12. The coaches who went up against both players decided that Bo was better this year. 

Plus, Bo outplayed Penix in the PAC-12 Championship game with a 3-1 TD to interception ratio (vs 1-1). Oregon lost because Washington controlled the line of scrimmage, not because of how Bo played. His one interception was that whacky play were the UW defender came off the sideline.  

There was no better QB in college football this year and Bo should hold his head up high. The Heisman has been a joke for years. I never watch. 

• Go Ducks! 1

BARF!!

Congratulations to Daniels. I can respect the result. At least Bo won the Campbell trophy 🏆

Fun fact: You know what team has zero Campbell trophy winners? 

... That team up north with all that academic prowess. 😆

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

All the SEC and LSU fans were saying their three losses shouldn't be the determining factor until Oregon lost the Pac 12 championship game and they suddenly thought the loss should knock Nix out. 

• Haha 1

Watched Daniels receive the Heisman and started pondering about D Dixon some. Their games seem similar as dual threats with quickness.