Desert Duck

Fiesta Bowl - Who's NOT Playing?

I have not been paying much attention lately, so pardon me if the following may have been covered in detail.

But I'm wondering what key Duck players, in addition Jackson Powers-Johnson & Troy Franklin, will not be playing on New Years Day?

I'm also wondering who from the board is coming down to the desert for the game? 

You can find your answer in the Fiesta Bowl Ducks vs Liberty thread. Take a look, you'll be able to catch up pretty quickly.

On 12/25/2023 at 6:18 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

You can find your answer in the Fiesta Bowl Ducks vs Liberty thread. Take a look, you'll be able to catch up pretty quickly.

I was about to update my comment and say that I just read some of your latest posts. Thank you for the information and it was very helpful.

So, with that question put to rest, who on the board will coming down for the game?

OT - But The Hits Just Keep On Coming in Seminole Country. This kid is missing the chance to audition vs. Georgia. Either a very smart or very stupid on the part of his agent.

THEATHLETIC.COM

The redshirt junior took over as the Seminoles' starter after Jordan Travis suffered a season-ending left leg injury.

Didn't the Orange Bowl, especially it being a game played in Florida, used to mean something? Can we please just skip to 2026, and a 16-team PO field with the first 2 rounds played on campus and 4 bowl games players will suit up for?

You have a chance to put it in the face of the PO Ct against SEC UGA and you leave your teammates in the lurch? SMH. This is not a guy risking an injury that will derail his going in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft. 

Man, this Stuff keeps getting more difficult for an old-timer to understand. 

Edited by Jon Joseph

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

One of the most common themes for bowl games this season, at least those outside of the College Football Playoff, are high-profile opt-outs. Many big-name coll

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2023 at 3:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

OT - But The Hits Just Keep On Coming in Seminole Country. This kid is missing the chance to audition vs. Georgia. Either a very smart or very stupid on the part of his agent.

THEATHLETIC.COM

The redshirt junior took over as the Seminoles' starter after Jordan Travis suffered a season-ending left leg injury.

Didn't the Orange Bowl, especially it being a game played in Florida, used to mean something? Can we please just skip to 2026, and a 16-team PO field with the first 2 rounds played on campus and 4 bowl games players will suit up for?

You have a chance to put it in the face of the PO Ct against SEC UGA and you leave your teammates in the lurch? SMH. This is not a guy risking an injury that will derail his going in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft. 

Man, this Stuff keeps getting more difficult for an old-timer to understand. 

From what I have heard, it was inferred that he wouldn’t be part of FSU’s future as a starting QB. Kind of like Ty Thompson. So, he basically said “Screw this. Why should I stick around and help this coaching staff out”?

It’s probably not a bad idea since the entire offense has opted out. I don’t think there would be much in the way of useful film unless he wants to showcase his ability to pick grass out of his face mask and break the Orange Bowl interception record. 

• Applause 1

Would have been better for FSU to have Liberty... FSU might have enjoyed th opportunity to be competitive in the game.

Or not.

On 12/28/2023 at 2:17 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

From what I have heard, it was inferred that he wouldn’t be part of FSU’s future as a starting QB. Kind of like Ty Thompson. So, he basically said “Screw this. Why should I stick around and help this coaching staff out”?

It’s probably not a bad idea since the entire offense has opted out. I don’t think there would be much in the way of useful film unless he wants to showcase his ability to pick grass out of his face mask and break the Orange Bowl interception record. 

Good call. FSU is hot and heavy after DJU and Cam Ward. And close to 20 Seminoles players will not be suiting up for the home state Orenge Bowl. Me? I would have showed up with all my teammates trying to defeat UGA and giving an in your faces to the Committee. But I'm an old guy without millions to lose if I'm injured. And with other portal QBs being signed while I practice for and play in a bowl.

CFB has to do something in regard to the timing of early signing day, when players can enter the portal and the dates of post season games. As of today, December is a CFB fire drill. 

• Thumbs Up 1