Smith72

USC Wins 42-28

I always like having Pac-12 teams win their Bowl games.  The left coast teams deserve respect.

I don't like USC when we compete against them.  However, the national reputation for the Pac-12 needs to be hammered.

Especially this season when the conference had so many good teams.

• Thumbs Up 3

And the 'New' B1G goes 4-0 with upsets from Northwestern and SC. A come back by the Bruins and the Gophers TCB in Detroiy. Lots of games to go but the B1G is showing up.

And Oregon ups recruiting like Urban did at tOSU and maybe the gap closes on the SEC? Come On UW (gulp) and Michigan.

Go Ducks! Extinguish the Flames!

• Thumbs Up 3

I think USC may have found their next quarterback. Miller Moss played lights out tonight. That said, the Big-10 is going to be a tough row to hoe for USC. 

• Thumbs Up 2

And that’s the team FSU couldn’t move the ball on

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

One glaring difference in this game was athletic ability and team speed. I believe that was a third string QB for SC. Didn’t the number 2 guy transfer?

Anyway Louisville would be a below average team on the left coast.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/27/2023 at 11:42 PM, Just Ducky said:

One glaring difference in this game was athletic ability and team speed. I believe that was a third string QB for SC. Didn’t the number 2 guy transfer?

Anyway Louisville would be a below average team on the left coast.

This season among the Lefties, yes! And spot on. I think we are about to see how good the Pac-12 was in the Sugar Bowl. 

And 4-0 for the new B1G so far in bowl season, 2 Ws vs. P4 ACC and B12. Because of B1G bowl tie-ins the real B1G bowl games starts tomorrow. And OK ST beating A+M is nice, Right Paul?

Diss Riley but the man had a bench-warmer ready to play. And lots of athletic talent was on the field for SC tonight. 3 terrific TD catches. But the SC run game was still MIA, Yet. a few guys showed up who could tackle.

• Thumbs Up 1

You also have to remember that, due to transfer portal defections and NFL opt outs, these teams are mere shadows of the teams they were during the regular season.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I did not pay attention to who on LOU opted out on D, they looked pathetic.  Made a 3rd stringer look like Tom Brady.   USC run D also was ugly.

• Thumbs Up 1

GS agrees 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:45 PM, latracey said:

You also have to remember that, due to transfer portal defections and NFL opt outs, these teams are mere shadows of the teams they were during the regular season.

All with a grain of salt since bowl games really are pretty meaningless as overall indicators, these are not the teams they were in November for either side. That being said, I think Louisville was feeling pretty good about being set up for next year and that was a decent representation of their D that played FSU a few weeks ago.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2023 at 2:15 AM, AllOregon said:

While I did not pay attention to who on LOU opted out on D, they looked pathetic.  Made a 3rd stringer look like Tom Brady.   USC run D also was ugly.

No key players for Louisville opted out of the game but it sure looked like they did. Is SMU odds on to win the ACC in 2024? Cal will not be in the running alond with their buddies Palo Alto.

• Thumbs Up 1

The so-clled Playoff has made bowl games other than the PO semis and champ game more or less meaningless. But you can bet that they are keeping track in SEC HQ in Birmingham and B1G HQ in Chicago. 

All hands are on deck for the Rose and Sugar Bowls. I expect with PO expansion in 2024 there will be few opt outs for the PO games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Will definitely preserve rosters for 12 teams as opposed to 4, which is an improvement. Flip side is it will probably make the remaining bowls even worse

• Thumbs Up 1

Moss looked very good......which kind of made Riley look foolish for shopping around for a starting QB. 

On 12/28/2023 at 1:15 AM, AllOregon said:

Moss was their second string behind Caleb Williams.  Their third string QB hit the portal.