candyduck

Coulda Shoulda Whoulda

Man watching TMac play for Arizona.  Gawd is he smooth!!  I can't help but think he was the missing ingredient for the Ducks.  Imagine Bo throwing to Franklin, Tez, and TMac!  Talking about lethal!!

Edited by candyduck
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, but I can respect the heck out of his decision, he became a part of something down in Tucson building that program with some other exciting players.  Went his own way and has become a great football player.

• Applause 2

On 12/28/2023 at 9:54 PM, spartan2785 said:

Yeah, but I can respect the heck out of his decision, he became a part of something down in Tucson building that program with some other exciting players.  Went his own way and has become a great football player.

Indeed!!

McMillan wouldn’t have gotten the targets he’s getting at Arizona because of Troy. So, I think he made the right decision for himself. Thornton moved on to Tennessee for the same reason, but he’s been saddled by injuries.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agree, but I think there are back-ups on our bench who have potential to be extremely special. A couple catches Holden made this season had elements I have never seen in an Oregon uniform. 

The size, speed and strength Holden has is special. If he continues to impress in practices I would think he could take over as a leading receiver on next years team. 

Jurrion also has the same build and if he can also put it all together our receiving group may become something even tosu is envious of. 

If Junior Adams develops as well as he recruits we won't be thinking about what if a Tmac had signed and become a Duck. What matters is our guys develop and perform, and I think they will.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 7:08 AM, Haywarduck said:

Agree, but I think there are back-ups on our bench who have potential to be extremely special. A couple catches Holden made this season had elements I have never seen in an Oregon uniform. 

The size, speed and strength Holden has is special. If he continues to impress in practices I would think he could take over as a leading receiver on next years team. 

Jurrion also has the same build and if he can also put it all together our receiving group may become something even tosu is envious of. 

If Junior Adams develops as well as he recruits we won't be thinking about what if a Tmac had signed and become a Duck. What matters is our guys develop and perform, and I think they will.

Totally agree on these points.  I was too tired to post too much last night.  I don't want to take anything away from anyone the Ducks already have or have coming in.  If everything bears out, we are all going to see something special for years.

Just wanted to make the point TMac was silky smooth and made catches look effortless.  I need to duck my head when saying this but think OBD would've then had their three headed monster similar to that team up north and maybe been watching a playoff game Monday instead of the Fiesta bowl..

Edited by candyduck
  • Thumbs Up 2

Agree with all here. TMac is a receiver in the Odunze and TFrank mold that runs great routes, gets open, wins the point of attack and gets YAC. He's a Sunday dude for sure.

It's a joy to watch him with Fafita and I'm actually thankful the Ducks didn't need to play them in Tucson this year as they would have been a tough out. They will be a force in the B12 next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2023 at 7:08 AM, Haywarduck said:

Agree, but I think there are back-ups on our bench who have potential to be extremely special.

I would like to see Bryant Jr get more opportunities next year.

He played a lot of snaps, which has to mean the coaches liked what he was doing out there - probably blocking effectively and doing those little things that go unnoticed. He just didn't see a lot of targets.

But in his limited touches he had some moments that showed what he's capable of, such as that crazy catch and run against ASU.

• Applause 1