FishDuck Article

CFB 2024: Dancing with the Delighted Dozen

Of course, it is far too early! But that’s part of the fun of CFB Pigskin Prophecy, where truly no man is a prophet in his own land, except for those who reside in the desert, of course. I’m not ready to call the Delighted Dozen but I am prepared to put forth those at the front of the line ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Of course, it is far too early! But that’s part of the fun of CFB Pigskin Prophecy, where truly no man is a prophet in his own land, except for those...
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Great research and writing!  Thanks Mr. Joseph for providing today's reading.  Lots of entertaining data and information about the upcoming 2024 season.

• Thanks 1

Great, informative article.  You sir are a mighty fine writer and pen with much humor.  (I have 2 things to say about your humor.  😆 and 🤣)  And oh yeah, I'm sick of ESPN and the SEC.  

I have a feeling that next year's PO will still be rife with controversy ... just 4 times more so.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Adjusting for the 2024 Rose Bowl and Michgan's victory over Bama, the SEC is now 14-4 in PO games with Bama 'falling' to 8-4, causing Paul Finebaum to reverse course on the Wolverines being PO worthy. Beat Bama and you have to be PO-worthy, right Paul? With the Left Coast Dogs (not Dawgs) takedown of Texas in the Sugar Bowl on 1/1/24, the 2024 SEC falls to 14-5 in the Final 4 games.

With Michigan's, Rose Bowl win, and UW's win in New Orleans, the 2024 B1G moves to a Final 4 overall record of 5-5 which will move to 6-6 after Monday night's champ game in Houston. Not great but this is so good to see. The first non-SEC champ game since the inaugural PO season in 2014, when the Ducks (sigh) played Ohio State for the championship.

A PO record will be established on Monday night. For the first time, a team that played 9 and not 8 conference games will win a PO title.  And if UW wins it will be the first team without a Blue Chip Roster (50% or more 4* and 5* recruits on the Roster) to win a BCS/PO championship. Michigan's roster is BCR, barely, with 54% of the roster made up of Blue Chip recruits.

Should be a very interesting game with UW's fantastic O going against Michigan's excellent D.

Great article Jon!

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

Two B1G boys in the title game, it doesn't get any better than this. Let's hope for a repeat in 2024/25. I'll buy the tape for Pawall's mouth. 

• Let’s hope! 1