Jon Joseph

A Few B1G Buckeye Thoughts

Ohio State's, Ryan Day, like Jim Harbaugh last season, is doing a great job of keeping Ohio State's draft-eligible players in Columbus. 

The projected 1st or 2nd round picks who are returning: are RB Treyvon Henderson; Edge: JT Tuimoloau and 2023 sack leader Jack Sawyer; WR Emeka Egbuka; and CB Denzel Burke. 

Oregon picked up the B12 2023 1st-team QB, Gabriel Dillon. Ohio State has 2nd-team QB, Will Howard, who finished ahead of Texas, Quinn Ewers, All-SEC RB, Quinshon Judkins from Ole Miss is also headed to Columbus. And Jim Harbaugh has announced that he will begin meeting with NFL teams next week. 

Ryan Day's record against B1G opponents is 39-3 with the 3 losses coming against Michigan. I think that in 2024, the Buckeyes will be on the same kind of crusade that Harbaugh and Michigan were on in 2023. The OOC slate is a breeze. Michigan visits Columbus. The toughest road game on paper looks to be the Buckeyes visit to Autzen.

Not certain how the Midwest journalists will treat the 'Pac-4' but I believe that Oregon and Ohio State should be odds on to rematch in the 2024 B1G champ game in Indianapolis.

On 1/14/2024 at 2:21 PM, Jon Joseph said:

And Jim Harbaugh has announced that he will begin meeting with NFL teams next week.

If Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan, Oregon's chances of getting Gatlin Bair increased considerably!  It seems to be a two team race between Michigan and Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2024 at 2:29 PM, NJDuck said:

If Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan, Oregon's chances of getting Gatlin Bair increased considerably!  It seems to be a two team race between Michigan and Oregon.

It would be great to bring in Bair. I think he will be spending the next 2 seasons on a mission, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2024 at 2:36 PM, Jon Joseph said:

It would be great to bring in Bair. I think he will be spending the next 2 seasons on a mission, right?

Yes, which means we would have someone like the like's of Bair in 2 years.   Not a bad plan.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2024 at 11:36 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Hopefully Oregon’s staff isn’t spending too much time on Blair’s recruitment. 

1) The chances of Harbough being in Michigan in 2 years seem slim.
2) What percentage of LDS kids, who go on their mission, enroll in the school they committed to out of high school (excluding BYU)?

3) Also, what will Oregon’s WR room look like in 2 years (we already have two 4-star commits in the 2025 class)?

There is rumor that he may not go on his mission right away...

image.png

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/14/2024 at 2:56 PM, OregonDucks said:

1) The chances of Harbough being in Michigan in 2 years seem slim.
2) What percentage of LDS kids, who go on their mission, enroll in the school they committed to out of high school (excluding BYU)?

3) Also, what will Oregon’s WR room look like in 2 years (we already have two 4-star commits in the 2025 class)?

I believe they did spend the time to recruit him.  He is pretty fast.  Holding the second fastest 100m dash, set at 10.15.  Not bad to have in your WR room.

Good question, not sure the percentage of LDS kids after their mission enrolls in the school they originally committed to.

Agree OSU will be tough next year.

The OSU will have the best Defense in the country next year, since they were nearly the best this year and have 9 of the 11 starters returning.

I'm definitely excited to play them in Autzen next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

image.png.5e66c0d3e9bb01f8e96160de7336787c.png

Let's crack them nuts next year. Mario's win against OSU was great, but there's a lot of payback due! 

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 9:02 PM, Solar said:

Agree OSU will be tough next year.

The OSU will have the best Defense in the country next year, since they were nearly the best this year and have 9 of the 11 starters returning.

I'm definitely excited to play them in Autzen next year.

No. 3 in Total D last season with most of the key players returning.

Oregon favored in the early betting line vs. Ohio State in 2024 

WWW.YAHOO.COM

An early betting line has been released for the Oregon Ducks and Ohio State Buckeyes' 2024 showdown in Eugene.

crackdanuts.jpg.eb4fc9da97f0d39a520c10c9b1b772db.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Oh goody.  Look how well that went against Washington twice last season..,

• Oh no! 1

Mr. FishDuck