FishDuck Article

‘If You’re Scared Your Coach is Leaving…’

I want to take a moment to make sure everyone realizes just how special Coach Dan Lanning’s response was to the speculation of him taking the opening at Alabama for the HC job replacing Nick Saban. We all know what standard operating procedure is here for coaches and athletic programs; no immediate response. Then words to the effect of, “…I ...

FISHDUCK.COM

I want to take a moment to make sure everyone realizes just how special Coach Dan Lanning’s response was to the speculation of him taking...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

The response was nothing less than brilliant. The contrast to the carpetbagger up north couldn't be more stark.

He is also selling competition, your spot on the roster isn't guaranteed, even if you are a 5*.

These two elements should help create an unbeatable one two punch

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The best compliment ever after Dan Lanning came out with this video, Sark of Texas and Dabo of Clemson tried to copy him with their on videos.  BUT,  you can't beat the original!

Thank you Dan Lanning!  Staying true to who you are!  Staying true to your words in your commitment to Oregon!💚

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Thanks for the article today, Don Marsh.  I agree with you.  Coach Lanning answered everyone quickly and convincingly.

He made a video to show why staying at Oregon was definitely the best thing to do.  I'm reminded of a book written by Frosty Westering, Make The Big Time Where You're At.  Frosty was a coaching legend at Pacific Lutheran University.

I believe Coach Lanning is doing this.  That's his message to recruits.  They are listening.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Thanks, Don. Did he receive an official 'offer?' I doubt it. Did Alabama reach out to his agent, Heck Yes! Part of the game is not to make an official offer if there is no interest. The Bama AD, Greg Byrne, is scrambling today to make sure everyone knows that DeBoer was his first choice. Right?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm suddenly a little scared my OC is leaving...

On 1/15/2024 at 11:03 AM, bbmichaels said:

I'm suddenly a little scared my OC is leaving...

Rumors are already circling that Will Stein is on the list.  News media outlets do what they do best....

WWW.ON3.COM

Candidates to replace Jedd Fisch as Arizona’s football coach include Barry Odom, Garrett Riley, Jake Dickert and Scott Frost

On 1/15/2024 at 8:53 AM, NJDuck said:

Rumors are already circling that Will Stein is on the list.  News media outlets do what they do best..

DL has does nothing but hire great assistants. If WS gets a HC job awesome for him! DL will just replace him with another outstanding assistant that will be a great recruiter. In Lanning I trust.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 1/15/2024 at 7:43 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Thanks, Don. Did he receive an official 'offer?' I doubt it. Did Alabama reach out to his agent, Heck Yes! Part of the game is not to make an official offer if there is no interest. The Bama AD, Greg Byrne, is scrambling today to make sure everyone knows that DeBoer was his first choice. Right?

Spot on.  The way this works is via the agent. 

It was known in coaching circles early in the fall that this might be Saban's last ride.  Saban's agent is Jimmy Sexton.  Dan's agent is Jimmy Sexton.  Dan's interest was checked early on and he said 'no thanks'.

No AD EVER shows his hand by saying who was contacted.  It's done via the agent who then shares his Intel with the AD.  Oh and Sexton also represents Sark, Kiffin, and DeBoer.  It doesn't matter if Dan was officially offered.  He shut it down via his agent early on.

• Thumbs Up 1