Charles Fischer

Dana's Team: No. 1 for Another Week...

Gotta soak it up while we can, and frankly--we have a shot at being the champion later!

Pac12 Standings 1-15-23.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ducks remain outside of AP top 25 after 5-0 start to Pac-12 play

Oregon men's basketball remains outside of the AP top 25 even with a 5-0 start to Pac-12 play...

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon men's basketball remains outside of the AP top 25 even with a 5-0 start to Pac-12 play.

I'm not worried about rankings - they will come later if we continue to win and deserve it.  I'm more concerned about Colorado this Thursday where we have not won in so many years (I believe Dana won once there in all these years).

The Buffs have a stud point guard in Simpson (their version of Shelstad) and a killer in da Silva.  Limit at least one of those guys and we have a good chance of punking those fools.  It sure would help if Dante starts rounding into his old self soon. 

How about Kario's dunk against Cal?  Maybe it's Kario's turn again to star.  No matter what, it's going to be a great game!  Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

I live in Boulder.  I have been to a few Duck-Buffs basketball games.  The Ducks usually play HORRIBLY here.  I can't figure it out why.  This will be a big test for them.

Anybody else completely forget we actually won in Boulder in 2022, man I don't remember that at all, I thought Dana was winless there.  Huge game (they're all huge it seems like), nobody should worry about the rankings, it makes sense we wouldn't be ranked, we haven't beaten anyone good, the Pac-12 is crap this year (like most years), we'll get our due if we just keep winning, the committee will also take note of our injury troubles, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep winning if we get a better seed than many of the expects expect.

Need to keep Colorado off balance with our defensive sets, get into our flow, and play our style, seems like usually we end up getting out of our rhythm and get knocked into playing the way Colorado wants to play.

Always expect the worst in Boulder. The vast majority of the time you will get what you expect, and you can be pleasantly surprised with the rare exceptions.

On 1/17/2024 at 1:50 PM, Akubra91 said:

I live in Boulder.  I have been to a few Duck-Buffs basketball games.  The Ducks usually play HORRIBLY here.  I can't figure it out why.  This will be a big test for them.

Tad Boyle is Altman's kryptonite

• Thumbs Up 1

The ducks have never won in Boulder since Colorado joined the PAC. It would nice if they could win there. 

I am wrong, They didn't win in Boulder until last year. My mistake. Hopefully they play better than they did against Cal. I think maybe it was an emotional let down due to their high scoring game against WSU and reintegrating Dante into the line up. Hopefully we get Biddle back soon and sky's the limit.

Both Colorado and Utah are two games behind the Ducks in the conference.  Both will be highly motivated in sending the Ducks back home 0-2.  Altman and company Cannot afford to let that happen and need a split or sweep to continue the momentum currently building up with this Young Roster.

As stated above, Colorado has Always been an albatross around the necks of DA and OBD basketball.  It was good to finally break through last year and hope that it continues this road trip.  Utah will be more challenging, as the second game at altitude, simply because they are a better group this year than in years past as the second stop.

Bring it back home and hold serve against the two apparently, very good, Arizona schools with similar motivations;  then going into February we can start talking about rankings, conference championships, tourney seedings, and how high of a ceiling this Young Oregon Duck BB team, actually has.

I am excited to watch how it all plays out.  Go Quackers!

• Applause 1