kirklandduck

Tosh Offered Oregon DC Twice Before?

This short video popped up on my YouTube feed. It's Tosh Lupoi giving an interview and talking about Lanning being the reason why he came to Oregon. But he also mentions in passing that he was offered the DC position twice already in the past.

I can't recall him being offered before but I can only think maybe Mario reached out to him both times when he lost Avalos and DeRuyter? 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1

Tosh...Good Call!

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/4/2024 at 12:37 PM, kirklandduck said:

This short video popped up on my YouTube feed. It's Tosh Lupoi giving an interview and talking about Lanning being the reason why he came to Oregon. But he also mentions in passing that he was offered the DC position twice already in the past.

I can't recall him being offered before but I can only think maybe Mario reached out to him both times when he lost Avalos and DeRuyter? 

Probably after Leavitt was let go... And probably after Avalos left. 

Those would be the only two windows that would make sense for Cristobal. 

Taggart maybe? Feels unlikely though. 

Then Helfrich and 2016 doesn't match up with any reasonable timeline. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/4/2024 at 3:35 PM, David Marsh said:

Probably after Leavitt was let go... And probably after Avalos left. 

Those would be the only two windows that would make sense for Cristobal. 

Taggart maybe? Feels unlikely though. 

Then Helfrich and 2016 doesn't match up with any reasonable timeline. 

That makes sense to me. Way to dodge a bullet Tosh!

Huh.  Interesting.  Guess he was just waiting for the "right" defensive minded coach to come along.  I think DL and TL both compliment each other with their defensive mind sets.  I hope they will continue to work together through OBD first TWO national championships in the B1G.  🦆🏈😎

Edited by MicroBurst61

On 2/5/2024 at 8:19 AM, MicroBurst61 said:

Huh.  Interesting.  Guess he was just waiting for the "right" defensive minded coach to come along.  I think DL and TL both compliment each other with their defensive mind sets.  I hope they will continue to work together through OBD first TWO national championships in the B1G.  🦆🏈😎

Lupoi didn't do so great when he was the DC at Alabama, with a defensive minded coach. However, I wouldn't hold that against him because growth is part of any profession. 

I think Lanning has done a lot to build this defense and then this last season he brought in Chris Hampton as Co-DC which I think was a MASSIVE hire as it really did tie the whole defense together and I think it is allowing Lupoi to shine. 

Hmmm...almost like our head coach knows what the heck he is doing. 

Surround yourself with good people and absorb what you can while applying your mindset to the collective.

I'm glad OBD Is DL's. "Dream Job".  It can only get better from here.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1